Mk6 Jetta Horn

mo_focus

Veteran Member
TDI
84 944
haha, yeah well this is not a train horn. Its a fiamm triple airhorn. Sounds very similar to Ferrari or even the M3 in this clip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sx4--5z4RSM&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ab5qKXyFCrg

i will take lot of pics to document it. i still need to know where the horn fuse is. I was looking at the 2010 Golf Fuse directory and its 15A, so if its the same as the one in Jetta then i think it has to be changed to 20A. If that doesnt do the work then i will have to add the relay to make it work.

here is a picture of mk5 with them on.

Last edited:

vw_leadfoot

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Golf TDI Wagen
The only horn ref in Bentley is Elec Diagram 149/12 showing the low and high horn tones hooked upto multipoint connector J, terminal 6, in the Control Module, fuse panel B, beside the battery. It is likely fuse SB5, 15A, but it isn't 100% clear, but that would be my guess. This is CCM J519 which is referenced in the wiring diagram. This is for 2006-on (upto 2010) so not sure if it is the same on your 2011.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CmdrData

Veteran Member
North of 401, where the snow double/triple up!
TDI
2001 Golf - used to
I don't understand why one would think you can't horn and evade at the same time?! Everybody eventually die once, I just want to make sure it is not due to someone else's fault.

You horn, the other guy might learn from this, if you don't the other guy will NEVER learn.

Last edited:

Brian B

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon - Silver
IMHO I avoid first then give them the horn. Usually both hands are on the steering wheel while I am avoiding, then give them the horn. It would be nice to scare the **** out of them though when I do give them the horn!;)

I'm sure everyone has there own driving style too on here:D

Toronto_Vento

Top Post Dawg
TDI
01 Baltic Green Bora
This is one of those things that I thought was designed better on the MKIII. Hands at 9 and 3, horn buttons at thumb resting position. Yes, it's annoying for those who are used to pushing on the steering wheel center to blow the horn, but it was convenient, easy to access, and one could steer and blow the horn at the same time (with two hands on the wheel). Negatives were obviously if you were in a big turn, it's hard to get to the buttons if the steering wheel isn't in the resting position.

T_D_I_POWER

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'04 VW PASSAT GLS TDI '06 Audi A4 q Avant 6-Spd Sport Pkg
mo_focus said:
yeah i looked at those, but they wanted like 60-80$ i got mine for 23$ from US.
If you don't mind I ask, which one did you get? FIAMM or Hella? and where did you get them in US?

Ok I see it. Nice install. Just a pointer, you might want to turn the horn around so it doesn't collect junk that'll eventually clog up the horn.

Are you planning to have a dual horn set-up for city/hwy? I.e. city-stock horn / hwy-air horn

Last edited:

mo_focus

Veteran Member
TDI
84 944
If you don't mind I ask, which one did you get? FIAMM or Hella? and where did you get them in US?

Ok I see it. Nice install. Just a pointer, you might want to turn the horn around so it doesn't collect junk that'll eventually clog up the horn.

Are you planning to have a dual horn set-up for city/hwy? I.e. city-stock horn / hwy-air horn
that not my car, thats a mk5, but i just wanted to show others that i'm not putting a train horn! :D

I bought it off of Amazon for 23$. Shipping was 7$.

Mk6 Jetta only has one horn that is placed on the passenger side hence why i'm going to install the Fiamm Triple air horn. I'm going to install it in the same location, that cavity doesnt have anything in it and its not exposed to outside elements, its all covered, no rain, no mud so it should be ok.

As for parts, i'm not sure what it is, i just put in Fiamm Triple Air Horn in google and did a search. I think they are all the same. They are all make in China :D

BigI

Veteran Member
TDI
2k2 Jetta GLS
But I thought the whole idea behind honking is to get attention and the best way is to do it with VERY annoying sound!!!!!

mo_focus

Veteran Member
TDI
84 944
it was a nice enough day to install the horn. It was ok to install but i have to get a proper bracket for it. Maybe next summer will do that. I did have to move the horns to the driver side since there is no space in the passenger side where the OEM horn was. I just extended the wires to the driver side, but again i think i will need to redo that next year as well.

i left the OEM inplace incase the airhorn stops working, i just plug the OEM back in.

One issue that i had was the fuse, 2011"s dont have a fuse directory, so i had to change the fuse, its 10A oem, but when i went to try to blow the horn, it blew the fuse and shut off the car as well. I guess its the same fuse that does KEYYS as well. I changed it to 15A for now, but i guess i have to install the relay in the summer as well.