Whitbread Still Around?

absalom

Veteran Member
TDI
none
Anyone know if Whitbread is up and running again at his new shop yet? I sent him a few emails over the past few weeks and haven't heard back. Also tried a phone call with no luck. Anyone know?

ketchupshirt88

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Passat daily, a bunch of others in the graveyard out back...
Talked with him a bit at the fest. Sounded like his shop was up and running but the impression i got was also that he had more work than he can comfortably handle.

Not saying he cannot handle it, and some ppl work better under pressure, im just saying that it all sounded a bit hectic.

he was very knowledgeable though and if you want him to do some work for you, just be persistent in getting a hold of him i guess.

Last edited:

jhax

Veteran Member
TDI
96 Passat B4V, ALH engine out of a 2002 Jetta, some IE Rods and ASV Pistons. Nothing drivable yet though
he is making me a turbo adapter and said it would take a while.

vtpsd

Veteran Member
TDI
03 jsw TDI, audi 90 AHU swap
i recently bought a colt cam and some valve springs from him.

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
2015 Golf SE SportWagen, 2015 Golf SE Hatch Back.
I spoke with Matt at length during TDI Fest. I won't go into details here, but he is busy getting his home and shop ready for a northern Michigan winter. Suffice it to say that he is working hard to get back into full swing.

TDI Owner/Operator
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL
I talked to Matt in person at the Michigan GTG we both attended on Saturday, October 1st. He's doing fine, still busy as usual (no surprise there!) and contractors still need to finish up his shop so has much on his plate these days. Also remember he is a one man operation - he can spend his time making parts, working on cars or answering messages but not all at once!

absalom

Veteran Member
TDI
none
Update: Just received a phone call from Matt. Helpful as always, and has confirmed that he'd be able to take on my project. Thanks for all the help folks. It seems talented tuners, who also put an emphasis on customer service are in high demand!