Anybody could tell me where Matt Whitbread is??

Status
Not open for further replies.

MAXRPM

Veteran Member
TDI
00 Jetta and 99.5 Golf, 2015 Passat TDI,BMW 2
Trying to locate him, I shipped to him new 0658 gears and $$$ about 6 month ago so he can do my tranny and turbo, he promised and guaranteed me that the whole project would be done in 2 weeks after receiving $$$ and gear,,,, then after he received both,, he just disappeared from the face of the earth, no answering phone or texts from me,,, has anyone heard from him??? and here I am 6 month into it and do not know anything about him, I got an invoice from him and copy of the check that I mailed to him as well as the shipping receipt for the 658 gears

What really gets me is that he said on the phone that he had quit his job to concentrate on his shop, that now he had all the time to work on my project and would not have any issues from now on to answer any of my calls and the rest of the members.

burpod

teh stallionz!!1
TDI
82 rabbit vnt ahu, 98 jetta vnt ahu, 05 parts car, 88 scirocco.. :/
this seems like a recurring issue with you and him... lol... (not taking sides), but someone needs to learn their lesson, not sure if it's you or him haha

jackbombay

Top Post Dawg
TDI
A4 Jetta
this seems like a recurring issue with you and him... lol... (not taking sides), but someone needs to learn their lesson, not sure if it's you or him haha
If you take money and parts from someone to do a job, and you can't do the job, you return the parts and money, ASAP.

burpod

teh stallionz!!1
TDI
82 rabbit vnt ahu, 98 jetta vnt ahu, 05 parts car, 88 scirocco.. :/
jackbombay - good to see you're still kicking :p i definitely agree, but, i've just noticed a pattern. that was all i was pointing out :) again not pointing sides but MAX has had these problems before but seems to keep going back... last thread i remember reading whitbread owed max a bunch of money or some parts, and now we see it again?

JDSwan87

Black Swamp Thing
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI, 5 speed Lagoon Blue Metallic(sold); 2005 Jetta TDI Wagon auto
jackbombay - good to see you're still kicking :p i definitely agree, but, i've just noticed a pattern. that was all i was pointing out :) again not pointing sides but MAX has had these problems before but seems to keep going back... last thread i remember reading whitbread owed max a bunch of money or some parts, and now we see it again?
I've also noticed this....

Brad95

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SE Manual since 09/28/12-04/05/18, 2015 Passat TDI SE Manual Since 03/29/2018
If you take money and parts from someone to do a job, and you can't do the job, you return the parts and money, ASAP.
^^^ An honest way to do business! and to be human!

jackbombay

Top Post Dawg
TDI
A4 Jetta
jackbombay - good to see you're still kicking :p
Thanks!

Our 2003 Jetta is still demolishing interstates with ruthless irregardlessness!

i definitely agree, but, i've just noticed a pattern. that was all i was pointing out :) again not pointing sides but MAX has had these problems before but seems to keep going back... last thread i remember reading whitbread owed max a bunch of money or some parts, and now we see it again?
That is an odd pattern, not sure what to make of it :confused:

MAXRPM

Veteran Member
TDI
I would really think by posting my experiences with him, some other member would not be taken for a ride, Informing and knowing who we have from so many vendors so members can be aware of who we deal with, I totally agree jackbombey just return the parts and $$,

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
2015 Golf SE SportWagen, 2015 Golf SE Hatch Back.
An old joke:

Patient: "Doctor, it hurts when I do this."

Doctor: "Don't do that."

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
Txs I have always wanted to know why the heck we did not have a thread like this for vendors or members to be reported when deals go sour, finally was about time, txs a lot
"Finally"? That thread has been around for almost 6 years… :rolleyes:

MAXRPM

Veteran Member
TDI
"Finally"? That thread has been around for almost 6 years… :rolleyes:

Sorry I did NOT know it was there for such a long time I never even ran into it after navegating in the forum quiete a bit,, if I had known I wouldn't have posted here to begin with

InfoSec

Veteran Member
I have spoken to him often. He's as honest as they come. I gave him thousands of $$$ to build-up my 03 MkIV just this past summer. If members keep slamming him, then I, for one, would kindly ask you to keep your problems with him off of this website and track him down yourself. He responds to texts and phone calls as he has time. He is building a shop and his time is very, very limited. No, I'm not his rep. Just be persistent. I'm sure there's a reasonable explanation.

Mike in Belmont, MI

UFO

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Beetle
Vendor feedback is completely pointless if it's censored.
Reputations can be smeared needlessly if the person accusing does not do due diligence first. To the best of my knowledge, Matt has earned and deserves respect.

jackbombay

Top Post Dawg
TDI
A4 Jetta
Reputations can be smeared needlessly if the person accusing does not do due diligence first.
Matt has not communicated with the OP for 6 months, this has actually occurred, what due diligence does the OP need to do before posting about it?

I've seen plenty of pics of Matt's work, he is a master at what he does, but...

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
jackbombay said:
...I've seen plenty of pics of Matt's work, he is a master at what he does, but...
I've seen Matt's work up close and personal and he is, indeed, a master at his craft. That does not, however, make him a good businessman. Live it or live with it...

belome

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2002 Jetta GLS TDI 5-speed
Sure, but what I have gleaned from threads he moved his shop up near Gaylord or Grayling???

It has been several months, you would think he would check in here or at least answer a phone call. I mean, it shouldn't take that long to get a shop setup... or log into TDIClub and let people know what is up... at least for the people he owes work/money too.

mrrhtuner

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon TDI, 2015 Passat TDI, 2015 Touareg TDI
I've seen Matt's work up close and personal and he is, indeed, a master at his craft. That does not, however, make him a good businessman. Live it or live with it...
Sure, but what I have gleaned from threads he moved his shop up near Gaylord or Grayling???
It has been several months, you would think he would check in here or at least answer a phone call. I mean, it shouldn't take that long to get a shop setup... or log into TDIClub and let people know what is up... at least for the people he owes work/money too.

truth

Celco

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf 4dr ALH 5-speed
Im not taking sides, but last I saw and spoke with him at his shop in Rochester Hills, MI 3-4 months ago, he was in the process of building a new shop and moving into it. And that was all the way in Gaylord, MI. While Im sure hes not out to mess you about, I can see how his time is a bit preoccupied. Then add in the holidays.

Hope you get it squared up.

MAXRPM

Veteran Member
TDI
Reputations can be smeared needlessly if the person accusing does not do due diligence first. To the best of my knowledge, Matt has earned and deserves respect.

Well I see it this way,, look at the date when I first posted this thread, you should ask yourself by this time, Matt should either be responding to my thread or be calling me,,, don't you think??? my cell is tired of trying to call him or texting him,,,

FYI members I have never doubted his craftsmanship he tops and we have to give it to him,,, this thread has no intention to deprive him of his workmanship,,, in the other hand I am a busy person and believe me if this matter have been dealt properly and with professionalism I would not have posted at all,,

I have been in this forum for approx. 11 years, there is a lot of members that know me that I either race, met at GTG or TDI fest and they can attest about me,,,and if some membeers say he dealt with you properly great for you guys,, but with me he has ignored me for over 6 months and has not kept his word,,,

1854Sailor could not have laid his statement better,, being a great craftsmanship does NOT make him a great businessman,,,

Last edited:

jasonTDI

TDI GURU Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
20' RAM 3500 CCLB dually HO/Aisan. 2019 Cherokee 2.0T
I have spoken to him often. He's as honest as they come. I gave him thousands of $$$ to build-up my 03 MkIV just this past summer. If members keep slamming him, then I, for one, would kindly ask you to keep your problems with him off of this website and track him down yourself. He responds to texts and phone calls as he has time. He is building a shop and his time is very, very limited. No, I'm not his rep. Just be persistent. I'm sure there's a reasonable explanation.

Mike in Belmont, MI
That's a B.S. excuse. :rolleyes:

I've had more than 10 people contact ME to see if I could contact him as they had cars there for 6 plus months to over a year. Limited my A**. Don't take the job if you can't do it. PERIOD. I honestly never liked the guy since the first time I met him at my shop. He did some juvenile stuff that rubbed me the wrong way and thought it was funny. :mad:

jasonTDI

TDI GURU Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
20' RAM 3500 CCLB dually HO/Aisan. 2019 Cherokee 2.0T
Matt has not communicated with the OP for 6 months, this has actually occurred, what due diligence does the OP need to do before posting about it?
I've seen plenty of pics of Matt's work, he is a master at what he does, but...
Correct.

But if there is no returning phone calls and emails that makes you a borderline thief. There are plenty of state rules against this sort of behavior by shops.

Status
Not open for further replies.