03 Jetta automatic wagon, what is it worth unfixed, what's it worth fixed?

marshalldanielp

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta Gls Wagon auto
I find myself doing some thinking about repairing or selling the car. It is an 03 Jetta wagon with an auto has 240k on the clock. Car is in good shape for a car of it's age. I had the tb fail and currently the head is off and let's for arguments sake say that the bottom end is good, i still need to measure piston protrusion. The trans was not an issue prio to the tb failure. If I fix for myself it would get a new head, turbo, nozzles and possible a 5 speed. It seems to me now is the right time to ask myself this as if I do sell the buyer gets to build the car how they want. They buyer could also confirm that the bottom end is good because the head is removed.

What is the car worth as is sits?

What's the car worth if I replace the head?

What's the car worth if I replace the head and do a 5 speed swap?

I am teetering on the fence on if I should fix it or sell it. For those of you that are interested pm me with a number. I might very well consider it. Car is located in Syracuse, NY.

jimbote

Certified Volkswagen Nut
TDI
Tacoma 4x4 converted to TDI
If you can do the head job and trans swap yourself the car is worth far more....five speed swap parts can be sourced for around $1k...new head kit for about $1200....a wagon is the holy grail of TDI'dom...I'd keep it fix the head, drive it and save for a manual swap!!....good luck!!

MonsterTDI09

TDIClub Enthusiast, Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta DSG/ up keep on 2009 Jetta DSG 2006 Jetta Pag 2 in North SEA Green
How about you donate to car to the club?We looking for a car to fix up and to raffle off at next years fest.

marshalldanielp

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta Gls Wagon auto
Possible to get $7500 if I replace the head, new nozzles and new turbo? Even it is an automatic.

Unfortunately my current circumstances don't allow me to donate the car or I would.

Thanks for the opinions, keep them coming.