Aux input to Monsoon radio?

pgoes

Veteran Member
TDI
Passat wagon, 2004.5, Stonehenge gray
Here is a Vortex link showning some homemade radio removal tools. I made mine from a hanging file folder and they worked fine.
Check Enfig or the Moble Electronics section of Vortex for options on the XM--> aux input connections.

TDIPASSATGUY

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 GLS Passat Sedan
I used a BLITSAFE unit. It sounds much better than either the FM modulation or the cassette adapter. $100

It plugs into the harness as shown in the above link without ANY pin removal. Then I grabbed some switch power from under the steering wheel and ran the antenna wire from it's perch between the defront vents on the dash and around the A pillar. From there I routed all of the wires inder the console and fished them out through a 1/2" hole drilled in the bottom of the ash trey drawer. I took the actual ashtray portion out and can replace it to sell the car and it will look untouched. When I want to use the XM, I pull the wires out from the ash trey a bit and plug them in. The mount wedges nicely between the ashtrey cover and the climate/radio console pod. Set the unit for blue back ground and it matches well.

blaz

Veteran Member
TDI
05 Passat
Blitzsafe
As I understand it, this uses the cd-changer in the trunk inputs. How do you choose between the radio, cd or whatever's attached to the Blitzsafe?

TDIPASSATGUY

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 GLS Passat Sedan
Hit the CD button once and you get normal in-dash cd input. Hit the CD button again and the AUX is the input. The radio screen looks like it thinks the CD changer is playing disc9 track 1 or something. No big deal.

blaz

Veteran Member
TDI
05 Passat
TDIPASSATGUY said:
Hit the CD button once and you get normal in-dash cd input. Hit the CD button again and the AUX is the input. The radio screen looks like it thinks the CD changer is playing disc9 track 1 or something. No big deal.
Have been happy with the Passat's low ambient noise and reasonable sound of the stock sound system. Was thinking about an iPod but wasn't sure how to tap it in. Sounds like a Blitzsafe or similar is what I need.

Thanx

chawk62

TDI
Jetta GLS, 2004, Galatic Blue
So, the only way for this to work is to lose the Phat Noise box? I'm currently using the tape deck for the XM radio, but I'm having issues with the tape adapter acting up. The tape deck hasn't been used much. Are there any solutions out there to keep the factory Monsoon system, Phat Noise and XM?

Calif05Passat

TDI
2014 Cayenne Diesel
I just noticed it has been a year since I started with this question. I went with the enfig unit. It plugged in where the remote cd changer would have (since I did't have that--worked well). I found it difficut to find a place to run wires. It plays XM anytime I don't have a cd in the player.
BTW-the dealer loosened the radio for me quickly and at no expense. Thanks to everyone who answered and helped.