Just got a check from Bosch

ricks

Veteran Member
TDI
'10 Jetta Sportwagen
My 2010 Sportwagen keeps making money.

$5,500 from VW for neutering, $350 from Bosch, original customer loyalty $1000 VW Visa/debit, free repair on cracked turbo intake pipe and the car was bought using $5000 cash for clunkers. Brings the cost of ownership keeps coming down, and 43MPG mixed isn’t bad. At 60,000 major expenses are diesel, oil/filter (every 5K) and wiper blades. Tires still have another 10K left.

And a new warranty which covers the drivetrain ain’t too shabby.

No regrets.

Oh I lied, my radio died and so got a used one for $200 which now has HD.

Last edited:

atsffan

TDI
2013 Golf United Grey 6M 2 doors, no waiting.
Just got mine Friday as well. Must've sent out a batch recently. I was just about to put in a call to the toll-free number and ask what's up?

I had the fix done almost a month ago, so maybe VW sends them VINs once a month?

PRY4SNO

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Touareg Execline
Totally looking forward to the settlement cheque(s) rolling in, had no idea there would be one from Bosch. Did it say/do you know what that's for?

At 60,000 major expenses are diesel, oil/filter (every 5K)...
Are you using 507 oil? If so you're wasting money changing it so early. At that point it's just detergents scrubbing the zinc deposits before bedding down a fresh layer of anti-wear additives. Would be a prudent financial move to get a used oil analysis and see how much farther you can stretch the oil change intervals.

dzajano

Totally looking forward to the settlement cheque(s) rolling in, had no idea there would be one from Bosch. Did it say/do you know what that's for?
In Feb, 2017, Bosch, while denying any complicity in the deception, decided to settle "the most substantial part of criminal law proceedings pending" in relation to the emissions cheating scandal with a $327.5 million payout to car owners and dealers. This boiled down to a $350 payment to every owner accepting the class action settlement offered by VW when they turned in their cars or has the "fix" performed. VW owners who had excluded themselves from the class action suit could have further recourse with Bosch if they filed for it before a deadline.

MonsterTDI09

TDIClub Enthusiast, Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta DSG/ up keep on 2009 Jetta DSG 2006 Jetta Pag 2 in North SEA Green
My 2010 Sportwagen keeps making money.

$5,500 from VW for neutering, $350 from Bosch, original customer loyalty $1000 VW Visa/debit, free repair on cracked turbo intake pipe and the car was bought using $5000 cash for clunkers. Brings the cost of ownership keeps coming down, and 43MPG mixed isn’t bad. At 60,000 major expenses are diesel, oil/filter (every 5K) and wiper blades. Tires still have another 10K left.

And a new warranty which covers the drivetrain ain’t too shabby.

No regrets.

Oh I lied, my radio died and so got a used one for $200 which now has HD.
'

Oil change is every 10K fuel filter every 20k

Graham Line

Veteran Member
TDI
'12 Golf TDI 6M
Hmmm. I'm getting a new filter with each change. No problem on my part. Bosch sent a postcard in May or June that covered the rules for their payout -- essentially, if you're in line for VW money, you're on the Bosch list without filling out new forms or applying to them.
If you aren't the original registered owner, there may be a chance the information didn't get to you.

ricks

Veteran Member
TDI
'10 Jetta Sportwagen
Yes 10k miles for oil and filter according to the manual. My very knowledgeable mechanic sho has a VW diesel with 350K as well as other threads on this board agree that to insure maximum engine longevity, as well as a VW tech I know, say oil and filter every5K. I would rather error on the conservative side even if it costs more.

jetlagmech

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 jetta
and don't forget, when I bought mine there was a $1500 federal tax credit for buying an alternative fuel vehicle. But I did miss the "cash for clunkers" program.