West Michigan Fall TDI GTG - October 2017

r90sKirk

Veteran Member
TDI
All TDI's - No gassers! Luxo-Tourer = 13 Passat (hands down, the nicest car we've ever owned), Most fun = MK4 Golf
Ok... So I am going to claim and own the shortest distance traveled. 2.3 miles by Diesel.. 1.3 miles by crow.. ;)

Gordy beat me to it - I was going to say that there is nobody (in the TDI world) that lives any closer to me!

Winner, Winner!

jmodge

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 alh Jetta, RC2 w/.205's 5speed daily summer commuter and 2000 alh Jetta 5spd swap, 2" lift, hitch, stage 3 TDtuning w/.216's winter cruiser, 1996 Tacoma ALh
save a crow, fly a TDI!

JDSwan87

Black Swamp Thing
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI, 5 speed Lagoon Blue Metallic(sold); 2005 Jetta TDI Wagon auto
If family and I attend, we will be driving the Dodge Journey and not the TDI. We sold one of them as it was not feasable to have a rear facing car seat with 2 adults in the front seat.

Then I have to get time off work...

r90sKirk

Veteran Member
TDI
All TDI's - No gassers! Luxo-Tourer = 13 Passat (hands down, the nicest car we've ever owned), Most fun = MK4 Golf
If family and I attend, we will be driving the Dodge Journey and not the TDI. We sold one of them as it was not feasable to have a rear facing car seat with 2 adults in the front seat.

Then I have to get time off work...
Understand, Josh, please know you are always welcome to attend, no matter what POS you are driving!

paramedick

TDIClub Enthusiast, Vendor
TDI
2015 Audi Q5 TDI
Reservation made AmericInn. Will be leaving Louisville Friday afternoon after conclusion of state trauma symposium. Probably in late Friday.

See y’all Saturday morning. I’m a bit broken again, but will have basic tool kit with me for light/easy wrenching. VCDS, too.

Bruce

Vusse71

TDI
2002 1.9 alh jetta
Kirk can i pay for a tune with credit card or do i need to get cash. Is there a basic tune price guideline that i can see before coming to the event this sat. I appreciate your imput. Sorry for blowing u up so much lol.

TDI
Jetta, 2006, Campanella White, Anthracite Int. DSG, Pkg. 1; New Beetle, 1998, Yellow, black leather Int., 2013 Passat TDI SEL Night blue, grey Int. given back to VW (well, not given... ;) ) 2018 Tiguan; first gasser in years
Hey Kirk, am I correct in assuming the wheel guy will not be able to do anything as intense as welding on wheels? Another look at the offending wheel has revealed the previous weld repair is cracked right thru the weld. :eek: :(

r90sKirk

Veteran Member
TDI
Reservation made AmericInn. Will be leaving Louisville Friday afternoon after conclusion of state trauma symposium. Probably in late Friday.

See y’all Saturday morning. I’m a bit broken again, but will have basic tool kit with me for light/easy wrenching. VCDS, too.

Bruce
Awesome Bruce - it'll be great to see you again!

Kirk

r90sKirk

Veteran Member
TDI
Kirk can i pay for a tune with credit card or do i need to get cash. Is there a basic tune price guideline that i can see before coming to the event this sat. I appreciate your imput. Sorry for blowing u up so much lol.
Responded via phone

Boostdcrx91

TDI
Looking for one
Pretty stoked for this event this weekend (first timer), now if only my ps hose that blew this past Saturday would get here in time to replace. Lol always something.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Sprocket

Sprockette's hubby
TDI
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit Eco Diesel, 2005 Passat Silverstone Grey, 1996 Passat Storm Grey
Sorry that we won't be able to make it out this year :( Have fun and take lots of pictures!

May-39

Veteran Member
TDI
alh wagon
Grand Rapids pal and co coworker has 2010 golf tdi. Had recent timing belt and now light on. Would someone have vag com or scanner handy so we can at least figure out the alleged sensor? I'm VE only familiar..He lives just south of Kirk in Comstock park so running up at particular time not a problem.

unpimpZauto

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon, Black
Grand Rapids pal and co coworker has 2010 golf tdi. Had recent timing belt and now light on. Would someone have vag com or scanner handy so we can at least figure out the alleged sensor? I'm VE only familiar..He lives just south of Kirk in Comstock park so running up at particular time not a problem.
May,

I (as well as many others) will be there all day with VCDS (vag com) and will be more than willing to run a scan.

TDI Owner/Operator
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL
Sorry that we won't be able to make it out this year :( Have fun and take lots of pictures!

Dang - even the long time TDI stalwarts (Lawson, Jason, now you...) are missing what is shaping up to be the ONLY traditional TDI GTG of 2017* in Michigan! :eek:

We've come a long way from the glory days when the epi-center of TDI-dom (Remember that Mark? IIRC you came up with that saying!) was in Michigan once upon a time. It did start to change when GeWilli moved east in July 2005. MOGolf stopped coming up here around the same time too I think. Geez - has it been that long ago already? :(

It'll still be a good time as there are still enough of us hanging in there...

I'm now debating if I should take pictures. See, if you want to know what happens at this GTG you have to come in person. But I know Kirk expects me to take pictures and I don't want to find out what his bad side is like :)eek:) so I'll be there snapping away once more. :D

*The Detroit Auto Show GTG does not qualify as a "traditional GTG" as it caters more to the long haul crowd as opposed to locals and moves around to different venues over the day plus. It's just a different type of GTG...

jason_

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 s wagon dsg
If I come I always keep my unlimited vin canbus cable in the car at all times. Same with laptop, but the screen finally came detached from the hinges. Hmm. Anyone is free to borrow it with their laptop. Lol

Sent from my One using Tapatalk

Growler

Got Soot Vendor
TDI
Schmutz, 2015 Golf Sportwagen DSG & Schnurren, 2001 Golf GL 2 door 5M
Ill be there rain or shine..

Unpimp,
its too bad you sold the hood. might be interested in the tornado red front bumper that needs paint. do you have a grille too?

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
One forecast I saw said showers early in the day and thunderstorms late. So maybe we'll be lucky in the middle. I'll be there regardless, too.

TDI Owner/Operator
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL
Per current forecast (subject to change of course - LOL!) for Saturday is 90% chance of rain from 7:00am to 5:00pm then thunderstorms after 5:00pm. We've had rain at Kirk's in the past and will make out fine no matter what.

r90sKirk

Veteran Member
TDI
Per current forecast (subject to change of course - LOL!) for Saturday is 90% chance of rain from 7:00am to 5:00pm then thunderstorms after 5:00pm. We've had rain at Kirk's in the past and will make out fine no matter what.

I watched the local forecast last night, and they said rain would not start until Saturday evening, we are getting it now (for a change, as it's been pretty dry here for awhile).

I have multiple awnings that are up anyways, and both the shop and the house garage are open, so it won't be hard to stay dry if it does happen to rain on Saturday.

r90sKirk

Veteran Member
TDI
One forecast I saw said showers early in the day and thunderstorms late. So maybe we'll be lucky in the middle. I'll be there regardless, too.
Awesome Peter!

It'll be good to have you here!

Kirk

Technician!

Veteran Member
TDI
None, currently
As a side note, I am looking for a skidplate for my 03 Jetta wagon. If anyone has one they want to sell, PM me with price and bring it to the GTG. Thanks!!

TDI Owner/Operator
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL
As a side note, I am looking for a skidplate for my 03 Jetta wagon.
Be advised there are different brands of skidplates and mounting methods most likely differ as well. For example the Dieselgeek Panzer Plate I had on my A4 Jetta used rivnuts. I seriously doubt the rivnuts can be removed intact and reused. The plate stayed with my Jetta when I sold it.

Just wanted to alert you to possible mounting and/or hardware issues if you end up with an used plate which may or may not come with all the correct hardware.

r90sKirk

Veteran Member
TDI
As a side note, I am looking for a skidplate for my 03 Jetta wagon. If anyone has one they want to sell, PM me with price and bring it to the GTG. Thanks!!
I have several here for sale out of my parts stash (both aluminum and galv. steel) - CHEAP!

I have a 10ftx 20ft awning setup with lots of used parts for sale in it that my grand daughters will be presiding over - (they love it).

Kirk

And Robert (251) is correct, you will need a hardware kit to install these.