North south road trip question

RudyH

TDI
Sportwagen 2011
I will be taking a road trip from Minnesota to Florida, and back, to visit an ailing friend. I am new to the Sportwagen TDI. It will be February, and cold in Minnesota, and warm in Florida.

My question is what considerations should I make for fuel? Specifically, if I buy a tank of fuel in Florida, then drive north 500 miles to a colder place using that fuel, am I going to cause problems with the car?

Thanks.

Plus 3 Golfer

Veteran Member
TDI
Und tschüss! 2009 Jetta 12/23/2012
I doubt you will have any issues as even Florida diesel fuel will be winterized to some extent.

But just to ensure you won't have any issues as you drive north, I'd add Power Service Diesel Fuel Supplement® +Cetane Boost® to your fillups in Florida. It should be available at your local Walmart.

Madorski

Veteran Member
TDI
'11 GSW 6MT
No considerations. I drove from Edmonton to Los Angles and back along the pacific coast over Christmas and things were fine.

nOodle

TDI
'11 Golf TDI; DSG, united gray, 2-door
The fuel here in Florida is winterized a bit. I noticed my gas mileage dipping down a bit and chatted with a guy at my usual station.

And, depending on where you're going in Florida and how you perceive "warm", it's not been, really. :) Mother Nature's just been a little schizophrenic... I'd love to see the sun more often and for it to get above 60 again sometime, soon.