Help 06 jetta tdi problems

Tturbo

My cd player displays cdc hardware error if I press and load, eject, and cd botton. Anyone had this problem before, guess my cd player is broken? Also every time I shut down the car, I hear a chirping sound. Its anytime I take the key out of the ignition this normal?

Tturbo

80 miles on the car already problems, great now I wonder if the car is going to last

jrivers804

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta, 1998, White
Um, 80 miles on the car and the CD player isn't working. That's hardly an indication whether it will last, the car as a whole, or the TDI power train is or isn't reliable. Just curious, have you read the thread on complaints the NHSA?

Tturbo

Dont care much for the cd player, thats something that can be placed pretty quickly. The chirping sound I get when I shut off the car is whats bugging me. No clue what the heck it could be. But i'll take it to the dealership tomorrow and see whats up.

Tturbo

Well they replaced the cd player now it riddles and squeaks like hell. Should I take it back agian for them to fix it or am I going to be out of luck?

Tturbo

Does anyone here know how to take out the radio/cd player? Cause the vibs i'm getting is from the defrost vent at the top. But it seemed like you had to take that apart first cause theres some minor marks around that area. It only does it at certain times, so taking it to the dealer would be pointless, they'd drive it and it may not do it. Any suggestions?

Last edited:

tdinoob

TDI
2006 Jetta
Tturbo said:
Does anyone here know how to take out the radio/cd player? Cause the vibs i'm getting is from the defrost vent at the top. But it seemed like you had to take that apart first cause theres some minor marks around that area. It only does it at certain times, so taking it to the dealer would be pointless, they'd drive it and it may not do it. Any suggestions?
There are actually several threads about how to do this. The easiest way would probably be to head over to vwvortex's DIY section for the iPod adapter install:
http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=2480895

There are a series of pictures there that show you how to take it out. My thinking is that if you are going to do this, might as well get the iPod adapter kit and install it (or the Bluetooth handsfree kit - if you were planning on doing this anyway).

My friend had a rattle from his radio unit after he took it in for a stuck CD (operator error - not the vehicles fault), and when he opened it, found a screw driver bit that was rattling about. Took it out, installed the iPod adapter, handsfree module, and taped up some cables, made everything tight - and is very happy now.

Good luck. I would not get disappointed with this. Yes, the build quality for the interior parts is definitely not up to par with the exterior fit and finish (the paint job, for example, is just phenomenal, in my opinion) - but the satisfaction of driving it more than makes up for some of these frustrations. It's more fun if you are into working on your car yourself - but even otherwise, you'll find that you'll enjoy driving the TDI more and more every day.

If it still bothers you after a while - I'm sure that if you wait until October/November of this year, when the 2006 TDIs stop production, and gas is at $5/gallon, you can sell your car in 2 days flat.

fitzjohn

TDI
2005 Jetta TDI, black
Are they really stopping production of TDI's?

What's that mean for the resale value? I've got a 2005 1/2 TDI and love it. Do have what seems to be a roof rattle that is intermittent.