Costco sells Castrol only

Nuje

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Sportwagen; Golf GLS 2002 (swap from 2L gas); 2016 A3 e-tron
Living in Canada, I can tell you....they do not.
I've never even come across the 505.00 stuff that I used in my ALH, let alone the high-brow 507.00.

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
Do they carry or make available this?:p I'll bet you don't know.
It can be ordered from WalMart. 504/507 rated $8.79 US$

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Pennzoil-Platinum-Euro-LX-0W-30-SNC2C3-Motor-Oil-1-Quart/164408058

Can be picked up in Maine in two places right on the border, 379 South St, Calais, ME 04619 and 781 Main St, Presque Isle, ME 04769.

I couldn't get it to accept the Canadian stores there, but I bet you could if you tried. Otherwise a short drive across the border depending on where you live in NB. Stock up so you don't have to make the trip again for a while.

Nuje

Top Post Dawg
TDI
I couldn't get it to accept the Canadian stores there, but I bet you could if you tried. Otherwise a short drive across the border depending on where you live in NB. Stock up so you don't have to make the trip again for a while.
I absolutely guarantee that you couldn't, no matter how hard you tried, cajoled, bribed, or otherwise induced. :)

The issue with stocking up is that if you just make a day-trip over, you can technically bring only like $50 of goods back duty/tax-free. Typically, that's a soft limit and you can bring more back, but you never know what kind of vibe the Canadian customs person is feeling that day.

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
Taxes from the Canadian import tax calculator show about $32 US due. That brings the total cost to about $250 for 25 bottles or $50 or less a change.

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
So with taxes and exchange rate what is the cost per bottle?

Let me help you.

$50/5 bottles=$10US

From the conversion site:

Quick Conversions from United States Dollar to Canadian Dollar : 1 USD = 1.33349 CAD
USD CAD
$ 10 USD C$ 13.33 CAD

So slightly more than the $12 Canadian tire "Formula" less than the $20 Castrol both previously mentioned in this thread. If the appropriate CT "Formula" version can be found locally, that is probably your best choice, financially. Otherwise if someone is ever near the border a Walmart order for in store pickup may be in order.

MichaelB

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat SE DSG
Let me help you.

$50/5 bottles=$10US

From the conversion site:

Quick Conversions from United States Dollar to Canadian Dollar : 1 USD = 1.33349 CAD
USD CAD
$ 10 USD C$ 13.33 CAD

So slightly more than the $12 Canadian tire "Formula" less than the $20 Castrol both previously mentioned in this thread. If the appropriate CT "Formula" version can be found locally, that is probably your best choice, financially. Otherwise if someone is ever near the border a Walmart order for in store pickup may be in order.

Well done compadre. Now we know the real cost of the Pennzoil from WalMart to Canadiens if they are willing to cross the border to acquire said oil, passport in hand. Quite a trip for the OP if you ask me.
https://www.google.com/maps/place/S...d6a1624049b66e!8m2!3d46.4163273!4d-64.8267971
The issue with stocking up is that if you just make a day-trip over, you can technically bring only like $50 of goods back duty/tax-free. Typically, that's a soft limit and you can bring more back, but you never know what kind of vibe the Canadian customs person is feeling that day.
I kinda think this ends this thread unless someone else has an easier and better deal.
All this banter over 504/507oil that can be purchased in Canada at CT for a reasonable price.

Last edited:

MichaelB

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat SE DSG
OP: have you attempted to ORDER the oil at a Canadian Walmart?
OP has not responded to anything about Walmart oil in this thread. Just Costco and Costo does not carry or special order 504/507 approved Castrol which is how his question started.
Lightflyer sez this about Penzoil at Walmart.
Nuje sez this and he is Canadien

Living in Canada, I can tell you....they do not.
I've never even come across the 505.00 stuff that I used in my ALH, let alone the high-brow 507.00.
I absolutely guarantee that you couldn't, no matter how hard you tried, cajoled, bribed, or otherwise induced. :)
Give it up and move on. What are you trying to prove?

Last edited:

Nuje

Top Post Dawg
TDI
We all realize that the OP, a newbie from Sainte Marie, New Brunswick (Canada) has most likely long since moved on from checking in on this thread, right?

Maybe we all should as well. :)