Looking to boost power with chip

keepurr

TDI
2005 Jetta wagon 1.9L
I have a stock 2005 Jetta manual 1.9 liter tdi(of course). I heard that people need to change injector heads before any real tuning unless you have a manual transmission.
My question is will this product do me any good?https://performancechiprevamp.com/V...htgX1o3URB7UhicRZASKlxLwOD9Iu5gRoCHpsQAvD_BwE

Are there any considerations I need to take before trying to add power?

Are there any products you recommend instead?

I am new here and tried to find answers before I signed up but I had a hard time navigating the site. Thanks for your patient and input.

VincenzaV

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta Wagon
I'm not sure of that chip but I have this one (https://www.ebay.com/itm/Digital-Po...760633?hash=item3d7e0c9bf9:g:sOEAAOSwrhhaKsZk).

My car is a 2004, stock car. I definitely noticed a performance increase! I purchased it about 2-3 years ago (It was $59.99 then I think). Simple plug and play. Then you adjust the power level.

Most on here are not a fan of these "chips" and will steer you to a tune by a reputable tuner. That is definitely the best option. However, it is way more expensive than what I did using the TDC box and I desperately need more than 90hp for safe passing on the road. It says "Made in Germany", who know with eBay these days. I was/am happy with the TDC but will get a pro tune one day and take this out. These boxes are basically the "Evry mod" from what I heard. It plugs into your fuel temp sensor.

andreigbs

Veteran Member
TDI
N/A
Welcome! First off, you don't need injectors. And you don't need piggyback chips, they're a waste of time and money.

You do need to make sure your car is in good condition mechanically however, and that all maintenance is up to date.

Then you can look at a stage 1 tune (search Malone, Kerma, Rocketchip, etc.) and that should pretty much take care of your "moar powa!" needs.

Be careful though, it is a slippery slope.