Time to sell my Passat.

imo000

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 M-B ML320 Diesel & '05 Passat TDI Manual 5-Speed
Thinking of selling my ’05 Passat TDI sedan with manual 5 speed transmission and 358K kms, soon. Grey exterior and interior. Had the car for 4 years and I think it’s time to get something newer. The car has some small issues that can be fixed over time by the new owner. Overall the body is in really good condition, the engine runs well and the transmission/clutch are good too. The conversion was well documented on this forums when I did it 4 years ago. Since then I have replaced the used clutch with a single mass conversion kit that had extremely low miles.

Here is a list of the issues:

The most annoying thing that developed about a months ago was that the battery drains 0.310A/hour. I’ve tried looking for it with an amp meter and pulling all the fuses/relays but that didn’t show the circuit where the drain was. It’s not at the alternator either. So for now I just disconnect the battery overnight.
The rear windows/locks sometimes work sometimes don’t.
Right tie rod end needs replacement (have the new parts, haven’t installed them yet).
Parking brake cables are sticking so I stopped using it a year ago.
The electric radiator fan isn’t working but the mechanical works fine.
CEL comes and goes during the summer. Off during the winter (throttle body code) but was able to eTest it 2 weeks ago. The eTest will be good for 2 years (2020).
Needs all season tires soon (have 2 good ones ready to install) also have a really nice set of Hakkapelitas on rims for the winter that can go with the car if the price is right and another set of alloy rims with worn winter tires on them. 3 sets of rims in total.
The window tints are getting old and could use replacement soon.

Now for the positives:

Has an FHN (European TDI) transmission with a single mass clutch kit. I properly converted it 4 years ago (when I bought the car) using all, except the transmission, VW/Audi parts available in Canada and the ECU was properly flashed for the manual transmission too. I’ve put 115K kms in it since the conversion. Camshaft, lifters, bearings and cap bolt, timing belt, tensioner, etc changed 3 years ago. Balance shaft module was not touched. Turbo replaced with a good used one 3 years ago too. New thermostat 2 years ago. Class 1 tow hitch installed 3 years ago. Use it to tow a small trailer with a go kart during the summer. Replaced the brakes/rotors about 2 years ago. Very low mileage single mass clutch kit installed 1.5 years ago. Coolant bridge at the back of the head was changed last winter. VW replaced the following panels under warranty 2.5 years ago: hood, both fenders, passenger door, trunk lid and repaired the driver side quarter panel. The car is a Canadian GLS model so has all the options available that year including heated seats and even the privacy shade at the rear window.

I would like to get $2500 for the car with all the tires/rims or $2250 without the Hakapellitas on rims. The cost to convert a Passat to manual transmission (not including labour) is about what I would like to get for the whole car, this is a good deal for those that want a manual Passat TDI for very little money. If you need to pay for the conversion labour than this is amazing deal.

If anyone interested let me know. Right now I’m still using the car weekly to go to the race track as my son races a go kart.

BBB129

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Passat Wagon BHW 2004 Jetta 5 spd BEW - 99.5 jetta 5 speed - 1982 Mercedes 300D Manual 4 spd
Dang you still selling the Passat or what? no love on here?

imo000

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 M-B ML320 Diesel & '05 Passat TDI Manual 5-Speed
For the right price, I'll sell it. Are you interested? The tie rod has been replaced since. :)