Fuel injector return line material

jck66

Top Post Dawg
TDI
12 Passat SE / 14 BMW 535d
Dumb question: am I hurting anything by using the same line for the fuel injector return(s) as I used for fixing the boost control lines (the hose with the fabric cover)? I don't really run Bio in any kind of concentration greater than B5 (and none at all until it's a little more convenient to obtain for me). I don't think mine are presently leaking, but the fabric is in pretty bad shape.

I've gotten a couple of lousy tanks for MPG's and I wonder if I've got a leak that I don't/can't see in this area.

I remember a discussion a while back about Viton tubing or something but I think that was only for B100?

Thanks in advance!

PeterV

TDIClub Enthusiast, HO5G Doyen & Zen Master
TDI
2000 Jetta 5 sp.
Its Viton B and its great stuff. I have 30 feet or so and if you can come to the house of 5 garages GTG this coming weekend we can have some reserved for you.
PeterV

paramedick

TDIClub Enthusiast, Vendor
TDI
2015 Audi Q5 TDI
You can also run the Tygon tubing. I get it from lawnmower repair shops. 1/8th or 5/32nd inch size both work.

One warning. Make sure it says Tygon on the tubing. There are some counterfeits out there in the same yellow/green color.

The stuff you use for the vacuum lines will not work. Not rated for fuel usage.

juli0s

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf TDI 1996
You can also run the Tygon tubing. I get it from lawnmower repair shops. 1/8th or 5/32nd inch size both work.

One warning. Make sure it says Tygon on the tubing. There are some counterfeits out there in the same yellow/green color.

The stuff you use for the vacuum lines will not work. Not rated for fuel usage.
i wouldn't recomend using tygon, i used it for a week or so on the return lines, then noticed they were becoming very soft with the heat, and could easily have slipped off. I ended up replacing them with proper diesel return lines from my local motor factor.