dashboard and tail light not working

splendid

TDI
2000 Jetta
When I switch on my lights, the back light for the speed/rpm dials do not illuminate, as well as the rear passenger tail light. All other lights and dimmer work fine.
I checked all the fuses, (especially #22. Parking lights right, side marker right), and all are fine. I also changed the tail light, no difference.
What should I look at next?
Thanks for any help.

Seatman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 Skoda rapid elegance 1.6 cr tdi
Somewhere around the tail light there should be an earthing point. Might be worth making sure that it's all clean and in good order and have you tried giving the dash a thump on top incase it's a bad connection. The lights should either come back or maybe flicker which would point to a loose connection. Worth a try.

jettawreck

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Jetta and 2003 Jetta
When I switch on my lights, the back light for the speed/rpm dials do not illuminate, as well as the rear passenger tail light. All other lights and dimmer work fine.
I checked all the fuses, (especially #22. Parking lights right, side marker right), and all are fine. I also changed the tail light, no difference.
What should I look at next?
Thanks for any help.
There are two fuses (#22/23 if I recall) one is for left side the other right side. If either one is out, no instrument (dash) lights.

splendid

TDI
2000 Jetta
have you tried giving the dash a thump on top incase it's a bad connection. The lights should either come back or maybe flicker which would point to a loose connection. Worth a try.
Thanks for the suggestion!

After much frustration from checking the fuses and pulling out the switch, I actually gave the dash a couple good thumps, and the lights are working again.