TB Change Need help setting the injector pump

Da_Body

TDI
Jetta,2001,Blue
I have 2001 Jetta and I just did a TB change and in the procedure it say to use a Vag-Com to set the injector pump. I'm not sure if I did it right. The reading I'M getting is 40-43 and it should be 70. If there is someone in the Vancouver B.C. area that can teach me how to do this, maybe this weekend. It would be a great help. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
You'll need to loosen the three bolts on the injection pump pulley, then turn the center nut (connected to the pump shaft) just a bit, then retighten the bolts, start the engine, and recheck. Sometimes it takes a couple tries. It is very sensitive, so you do not need to move it much!

VelvetFoot

Top Post Dawg
TDI
NB, 2000, Yellow
I would say, somehow, don't unloosen one of the three bolts all the way. If they all are loosened the tension on the belt could pull the timing way out of whack. That's what happened to me. Perhaps someone who does this a lot will chime in.

MOGolf

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Golf GLS TDI Reflex silver, rough road suspension and steel skid plate, 2004 Passat Variant, Candy White, rough road suspension and geared balanced shaft module, and much, much more. 2016 LR RR HSE TD6, 2019 Jaguar I-PACE
You have to loosen all three.