my concern is paint matching and durability,
i.e., the paint will not flake after I get my baby outa the shop
TIA,
vun

weedeater

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Jetta, 2001, Baltic Green
A 2001? ouch. Well, at least the paint will be easier to match...

I had my truck done at a place in Herndon near 606/Rt28 (blue metallic). Had my car done at a shop in Annandale (red metallic). Both were good. If I can find the names, I'll post it.

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
My dad had his Audi TT fixed at Wagonwork Corp. Bodyshop a few months ago and they did a really good job.

They're on Route 1 in Arlington, VA just past the Audi/BMW dealer.

car54

theGAME
TDI
2002 Jetta
I can vouch for the awsome workmanship of WagonWork Corp in Arlington. I toured their shop and saw their work and found nothing short of first rate. When they prepare an estimate, they include photos, a very complete writeup, where they will source parts from, breakdown of cost, ect. first class operation like no body shop Ive ever seen or used, and they specialize in the european cars, lotsa vw/audi/porsche there.

tongsli

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2000 Jetta TDI, 2004, Jetta Wagon TDI PD
Well,

I was driving BEFORE VdubTdi was in diapers!!(well, he might have been potty trained by then)
and I had my 87 Golf GT worked on at WagonWerk. This was many moons ago, probably back in the late 80's.

They are by far, the best body shop I've ever had to use. Although I would also recommend Putty Hill Auto Body in Baltimore, MD.

The reason Geico dropped them (WagonWerk)is because they refused to use aftermarket parts, take shortcuts with their paint process, and other cost saving techniques the insurance companies look for when they authorize "insurance" approved body shops.

When I had to use them, they were still with Geico.

Go by and take a look at all the German autos sitting in their lot and when you ask about getting work done, their usual backlog of work will be a testimony for the quality of their work. Most people are willing to wait for them to fix their car. I almost had my 98 Passat Towed (at my expense) to Alexandria to have them do the work, but the rear windsheild was gone and they had no space to store the vehicle

Good luck.

Lito

BTW. they are really close to the Arlington/Alexandria border. I believe they may technically be located in Alexandria.

I used to live off of Glebe road and would drive past this place everyday on my way to work.

[ August 09, 2001: Message edited by: tongsli ]