Missed the Deadline....

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
We are talking about the dieselgate cars, not anything before them. They were pretty clean except for the NOX or whatever that was only an issue sometimes. I have no idea where you got the idea we were discussing any of the older cars.

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 vw golf tdi(gone to greener pastures), 2001 ford f250 powerstroke
My car is going back two days before the final deadline. With 175k miles and lots of factory parts missing, it's going to the crusher for sure. I guess I did my part to penalize VW.

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
My car is going back two days before the final deadline. With 175k miles and lots of factory parts missing, it's going to the crusher for sure. I guess I did my part to penalize VW.
You did no such thing. They couldn't care less about your car. I hope they turn you down for stealing parts off it. Shows a lack of moral integrity to do that. Then come here and brag about it. You think after paying billions of dollars in fines and buybacks that you make any difference to them? Think again.

aja8888

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Out of TDI's
The Germans are more worried about their China sales than what's happening in the U.S. We are a loss to them and one day they may just pull out like Suzuki. This will be especially a factor when we really stop buying sedans (note GM, Ford product lines). Plus, VW has no pickup truck here.

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
You did no such thing. They couldn't care less about your car. I hope they turn you down for stealing parts off it. Shows a lack of moral integrity to do that. Then come here and brag about it. You think after paying billions of dollars in fines and buybacks that you make any difference to them? Think again.
Yikes. Somebody is a little cranky tonight. Get some sleep my friend.

btw- the missing factory parts were replaced with performance parts, I didn't steal anything from my car.

Last edited:

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
You wrote your post in such a way as to lead one reading it to think that way. Glad to hear you aren't a thief! Now you really showed them. All those performance parts going straight to the crusher.

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
No problem. I apologize for making assumptions and being rude.

taylorgtr

TDI
2014 JSW TDI
My TDI is going back on Thursday. Paid $27K for it 4 1/2 years ago....getting $30K for it. I'll miss the diesel MPG, but it's hard to turn down $30K for a car with 67K on the clock.

Also, diesel is back up to a 30% cost difference over gas....so that pretty much washes out the MPG difference.

I'm likely to replace it with....

a 2018 Golf Alltrack - a little bit more HP (170), a little less torque (200), but AWD, blind spot monitoring, front/rear sensors, front and rear collision avoidance, lane keeping and Park Assist - and with the end of model year promotions...it's going to be a wash cost-wise, with only tax, tags and license fees added.

I looked at a number of other cars, and realized - I LIKE how this one drives.