TSI Forum?

KLXD

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'98, '2 Jettas
So I broke down and bought a '16 1.4 manual. Had to drive from LA to San Diego to get it. Manuals are hard to find here.

Can someone point me to a Forum for the new gas VW's that's of the same caliber as this one?

Powder Hound

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'00 Golf 4dr White 5sp, '02 Jettachero 5sp, Wife's '03 NB Platinum Gray auto(!)
...Can someone point me to a Forum for the new gas VW's that's of the same caliber as this one?
No. This forum is universally considered the best of the best. None of the others even come close. You may get snippets of good behavior sometimes in some of them, but that is about as lucky as you will get.

Having said that, you may find technical information on occasion from some of them if you can put up with the sometimes adolescent attitudes. Good luck!

Cheers,

PH

tdidieselbobny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'03 Galactic Blue Jetta TDI, '15 Silk Blue Golf Sportwagen TDI
Closest one we have here is in the general VW section, started by FordGuy1000. He bought one,then I bought one last July. Mine was a silk blue 5 spd. Only thing I hated about car was the black cloth seats. It was fun to drive,and had 0 issues for the 25k miles I had it. I'll double check what I ended up with for mpg over the 10 months I had it,but my best tank was 46.4mpg. I stayed in the 40's till winter and snow tires. I still miss having a manual,but still getting used to the DSG;).....

ezshift5

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 JSW TDI (Enroute BB).......2017 Jetta 1.4 turbo 5M ....................
Closest one we have here is in the general VW section, started by FordGuy1000. He bought one,then I bought one last July. Mine was a silk blue 5 spd. Only thing I hated about car was the black cloth seats. It was fun to drive,and had 0 issues for the 25k miles I had it. I'll double check what I ended up with for mpg over the 10 months I had it,but my best tank was 46.4mpg. I stayed in the 40's till winter and snow tires. I still miss having a manual,but still getting used to the DSG;).....
Which of your cars got that best tank of 46.4? Was that a 5M Jetta? Or a TDI?

best, ez