Thinking of selling my wifes 12 sel

Mbmaring

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat TDI SEL Black on Black
My wife has a 2012 passat TDI sel Black on Black 22,000 miles and she does not drive it much anymore. She has a job at the post office and last winter I got her a f150 as it stormed or the wind blew every week and she needed a pickup with 4 wheel drive. She likes driving the pickup better now even in the summer. What would her passat be worth? She has a little over 20,000 miles and it is in very good shape.

jrm

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat SE with nav (totaled)
They go for around $22-25K here with those miles

Mbmaring

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat TDI SEL Black on Black
Thank you I should have looked on KBB first but forgot and thought the TDI's would not have a accurate price on KBB but that is what they say it is worth also Thanks again might just keep it for that

pparks1

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SE
The car is 2 years old, and was around $30k when brand new. Did you really think it would be worth more than $22-25k?

scottysize

TDI
Passat SE/Sunroof
2012 TDI SEL on KBB says it should sell from a private party person for around $25k here in the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex. You'll have to put in your specifics to see yourself, though. Good luck. I doubt it'll take long to sell.

As for the comment that is too high, a new TDI SEL is $36k and they are not negotiating. At least not at my dealer. That's why we ended up with the SE. We still paid $30k for it.

Last edited:

darrelld

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Tesla Model S85, 2017 Chevy Bolt
I just traded my 2012 Passat TDI and got a 22,000 offer from Carmax. The Ford dealer gave me 21,000 on the Passat for trade and in Texas your trade value is deducted from the amount of sales tax so I took the trade offer.

The Passat had 35,000 miles and it was purchased in early Oct 2011.