Body work question

B00ST00

TDI
14' SE 6spd
I was driving back from Long Island when a piece of metal kicked up from a truck and hit the side of my car. It scratched the rocker panel between the passenger side doors, where the textured paint is.

Will this be an easy fix for a body shop or something I will most likely need to claim with my insurance?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Softrockrenegade

Veteran Member
TDI
None...2011 Golf DSG (replaced by VW W/) 2013 Passat SE 6M(bought back) Current 2017 sportwagen TSI 4Motion.
Can you post a picture of the damge?

gforce1108

Top Post Dawg
TDI
04 Jetta GLS BEW, 14 Audi A7 V6 TDI, 13 Porsche Cayenne V6 TDI
Get an estimate from a body shop and then see if it's worth it. Unless it's much more than your deductable, it's probably worth paying out of pocket. Plus - no record of a claim/"accident", etc.

If it's just a scratch - a little touch-up might do it. Painting one 'panel', depending on color, etc., seems to run about $500-$700.

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
I wouldn't claim it unless it's significantly over your deductible. If you build up enough no-fault claims, your rates will increase... be sure to decide whether or not this claim is worth the potential insurance increase over time.

The other consideration is that insurance-paid body work will show up on a Carfax report, even if it's minor.

B00ST00

TDI
14' SE 6spd
Thanks guys. I'll try to post a pic later. I just wasn't sure what the actual material was on the rocker panel and whether or not it would be a quick fix.

Chances are I will just get a few estimates and pay out of pocket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk