Rescheduling buyback appointment - how far back does that reset your clock?

jtdid

TDI
Golf SportWagen TDI
Hi guys -- I just set my buyback appointment for Dec 19, and I'm thinking I may have to cancel and reschedule it... however, I'm concerned if I do that, I might get bumped to the back of the line.

So has anyone had to reschedule yet and how did that affect your options for choosing a new appointment date?

Thanks in advance for your help!

nole76

TDI
2013 DSG Sportwagen
I was scheduled for 12/14, and I cancelled the appointment last week and rescheduled for 1/11. So, not too bad. Hope that helps with your decision...

jtdid

TDI
Golf SportWagen TDI
Thanks for the response! When you chose your new date, were there other dates available that were sooner than 1/11, or was that the earliest available appointment? Just trying to see how bad of a hit I'll take if I reschedule...

grwoolf

TDI
2012 JSW
I was scheduled for dec 6th (just wanted to grab an early date in case there was a reason to move quick). I don't plan to turn in until late 2017 or into 2018, but figured I could keep floating the date just in case a good deal comes up and decide to buy a new car (or if the TDI starts having issues). I cancelled the Dec. 6th date last week and I think every weekday in January was available, so I grabbed one toward the middle of the month.

RLBuck

TDI
2014 Passat
I was originally scheduled for Dec. 17th then cancelled and received a cancellation notice then rescheduled for Dec. 21st. No issues

chadbag

Veteran Member
TDI
2x 2013 JSW (1 manual BOUGHT BACK 12/20/16, 1 DSG BOUGHT BACK 1/14/17), Audi A3 e-tron gas-plugin-hybrid, gas Volvo V60
I think it all depends on the dealers in your area. When I scheduled last week on 12/1 or 12/2, 12/15 was the earliest and the 2 dealers I checked in my area. Others were reporting that dealers in their area had no appointments until Jan or later (earlier already booked out).

jtdid

TDI
Golf SportWagen TDI
That all makes sense -- thanks, guys! @RLBuck -- that is encouraging that you didn't get bumped back basically at all. Good news.

So the operating assumption (for me at this point) will be that once you cancel, you're not bumped back, you just have to schedule based on what is actually available. In some areas and with some dealers, this *could* result in a longer delay, but theoretically, there's no actual penalty for rescheduling.

jtdid

TDI
Golf SportWagen TDI
so the soonest you can reschedule is 2 weeks out - assuming your dealer has appointment open.
Looks that way, even in RLBuck's case, while he seemed to get an appointment very close to his original appointment... but in theory, that was still 2 weeks out from when he MADE the new appointment... so it seems like you are right... basically 2 weeks from the day you make the appointment is likely the earliest you can make it, based on availability.