Getting 12 years younger!

Adam90

TDI
2015 Jetta
Hey guys. I am new to the Forum. I currently own a 2003 Jetta TDI that has 390 000 kms. I have had it for a while but I'll be happy to let it go as I am changing it for a 2015 Jetta TDI! Only 64000 kms on the clock for that one. I should be picking it up in the next couple of days! (Pictures to come)

Engine is still under warranty until august next year but I don't know if I'll wait that long to do some tuning on it :)

In the spring I'll be getting a new set of wheels for it, as I have 15 inch original alloys right now.

some mods I am looking into are the EGR delete, DSG tranny tune and a stage 2 ecu flash (Malone)

I am not looking into making it a ricer but just to get the extra pep and giddy up!

My Wifes TDI

TDI
2013 Highline, 2013 Trendline
Welcome to the forum. I am pretty new here myself. I didn't realize the 2015's came with 15 inch rims. I thought 16 inch was standard other than the Highline 17 inch wheels.

Either way I am sure you will love it. Have fun tuning!

Adam90

TDI
2015 Jetta
15s is what’s on it right now. I assume they are original but who knows what the previous owner did ��*♂

I don’t mind tho for the winter I’d rather have more narrow tires it cuts through the snow better and therefore give more traction

I’ll buy 17x7.5 In the spring with 225/45R17 tires so that’ll be a little better looking haha

Last edited:

Owain@malonetuning

Associate Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
PD jetta wagon
Wish I could get 12 years younger

Welcome to the group! dsg + ECU software will definitely liven things up a fair bit ;)

Adam90

TDI
2015 Jetta
I will most likely do that but I have no choice but to get the EGR delete from rawteck first ?

Dealer called me today and confirmed delivery for Friday at 11 AM

I will post pictures of the car I’m letting go and what I’m replacing it with

Adam90

TDI
2015 Jetta
Welcome to the forum. I am pretty new here myself. I didn't realize the 2015's came with 15 inch rims. I thought 16 inch was standard other than the Highline 17 inch wheels.

Either way I am sure you will love it. Have fun tuning!
You were right. They are 16 inch.

dhuddleson

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Jetta Highline TDI sedan
You have a plug socket down beside the driver fog lamp. Did you check that the special electrical cord was included with the car??? That's for the "block heater" and it is great to have for those -25C (and colder) mornings!

Adam90

TDI
2015 Jetta
You have a plug socket down beside the driver fog lamp. Did you check that the special electrical cord was included with the car??? That's for the "block heater" and it is great to have for those -25C (and colder) mornings!
Yeah dude don’t worry I made sure I had the cable with it!! This way I won’t have to store it in the garage on those cold night. That’s how the other one rotted out

Adam90

TDI
2015 Jetta
Car has been back at the dealer since Tuesday cuz I did the alignment on it and the caster / camber was off so I wanted them to fix it. Now the sales manager offered to take the car back cuz he says they would have to change the shock absorber to fix it and who knows what else. I said either fix it or take it back but I don’t want a car that’s got bad caster.

So who knows maybe they’ll take the car back in the end. Supposed to let me know tomorrow

Very disappointed with the whole experience at the dealer (Montreal centre ville Volkswagen)

wonneber

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 Jetta Sportwagon,2003 Jetta 261K Sold but not forgotten
Is that standard in the car or an option?

Adam90

TDI
2015 Jetta
has anyone got suggestions for a complete set of adjustable coil overs. i'd want a drop that goes like 1 to 3 inch. no garbage thanks

My_name_is_Rob

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 A4 Quattro
I've been torn between the KW V1's, the Bilstein B14s, or the Konis. I'm not sure yet if i am going to put them in this year, since it's almost winter already, or for next spring. I also recently noticed that rockauto carries the Bilsteins so that's pretty cool.

Adam90

TDI
2015 Jetta
thanks. ill look into them. i had tein SS on a previous car but they dont make them for this one. bilstein usually makes a pretty decent product

Adam90

TDI
2015 Jetta
WOOT WOOT black friday specials. Rawtek complete exhaust ordered as well as malone stage 2 + DSG tunes :D

really excited to see the difference when it is all said and done

Adam90

TDI
2015 Jetta
Can’t say I really noticed a difference in sound after installing the intake to be honest. I already want to go stage 3 lol stage 2 ain’t enough hahaha

you had stage 2, did you go back to stock or did you go stage 3? If so, was there a noticeable difference between 2 and 3?

My_name_is_Rob

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 A4 Quattro
Neither. My commute got significantly reduced so I sold it to my sister and bought an A4.

She then proceeded to hit a deer with it a month after she got it. ☹