'05 VW Passat TDI, after cooler

fairbanks

Veteran Member
TDI
‘14 Passat TDI SEL ‘14 Jetta Sport Wagon ‘14 Passat TDI SEL
Hose blows off?
Put a rivet in to get it to stay, bought a red $27.00 hose one online??
This was the s hose after turbo. It then blew the hose off the other side of the radiator?I believe then it goes into the cooler, small square radiator on drivers side.
I have a misting of oil on the lower passenger side of the engine, I have spotting were I park?
I was hoping some one could give me a pointer to were to look as the problem?
Thank you, I did search this forum for possible answers before posting this thread.
Eric

deckerfl

TDI
2004 Passat Wagon TDI W/ Geared BSM, DUK 5Spd.
You could try replacing the clips. The clips wear out. You could replace the boost hose clips. Keep in mind that they are all the same part except where the S Shaped hose connects to the turbo outlet, this is harder to find, I had to go to the dealer. For misting... you could replace the seals on the boost hose.
Both seals and clips should be availbile at ECS tuning or Impex or one of those.

deckerfl

TDI
2004 Passat Wagon TDI W/ Geared BSM, DUK 5Spd.
Misting could also be a split or worn hose. The S Shaped hose commonly gets a hole worn into it from rubbing on a nearby Ground wire. It can split as well. Ask me how I know:)

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
The metal tangs where they ride against the clip wears down, and eventually can wear a hole in the metal tube part of the hose, and then it will push any crank case breather oil right out and make a mess of everything.

The Chinaboost hoses do not last long, just buck up and get a new hose from Volkswagen if you want it fixed.

fairbanks

Veteran Member
TDI
‘14 Passat TDI SEL ‘14 Jetta Sport Wagon ‘14 Passat TDI SEL
I went to VW and bought a new clip, it didn't matter, it blew it off!
My question is could the turbo be ready to go? 200,000 and I don't know if it's the original? I just purchased the car in January.
The oil is something new maybe a result of the s hose? I cleaned the value that mixes the exhaust with fresh air 2 months ago. Took it apart today and it is back to being like I never cleaned it? I am cleaning the air cooler now, the inside of the air cooler seams to have a coating of oil or carbon on it? Trying to figure out why it is popping off the hose?

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
Oil is normal. You need a new hose. The turbo is obviously working, as that is what is creating the pressure to blow the hose off! :p

zzdiesel

Veteran Member
TDI
05 passat tdi Geared BSM and Bewcam 2nd 2005 deleted ,converted and bew cam stage 2 Malone3 tune.
I did use a dremel with a cutting wheel to undercut the ear where the clip contacts. Has seemed to work.