Hard to start leaky injectors or tandem pump

cajunspice

Veteran Member
TDI
(3) 05 passat TDI,07 dodge 1 ton cummins, 1956 2 dr sedan sbc 383
One morning car would not start no codes I have Ross tech in my laptop changed fuel filter Changed oil . I can hear lift pump run I get fuel to filter lift was changed a few years ago with Oem pump. What should I do next to check fuel pressures ? injectors or tandem pump ?

cajunspice

Veteran Member
TDI
I am not sure where to find that on my scan tool I will look tomorrow evening thanks

suncoug

TDI
2005 Passat TDI
Did the issue start before you changed fuel filter? Regardless, basically you lost prime on your fuel system and you need to re-prime it. Yes, this is obvious but the hard part is re-priming part.
I have tried everything and found the best way to do this is to attach a good marine outboard primer bulb and put the other end of the hose submerged in a fuel bottle with diesel. I believe the sucking end of the bulb needs to be attached to the fuel return hose. Once you re-prime the system, it should start right up, assuming no other issues.
Regarding a long term solution, it can be a bit difficult. I have replaced the tandem pump as well as the injector seals but I have the same issue when I park the car with nose up. There must be some kind of leak in the fuel system but I have not been able to figure it out yet.

cajunspice

Veteran Member
TDI
Wow my car sit some times for two or three days it will start right up I can let it sit for 15 minutes sometimes it starts sometimes it doesn’t the tack does Move on Car when it does not start . It will start if I shoot it with starting fluid it will fired right up I have a 4 TDI passats 3 We Drive every day one for parts I can swap parts But don’t know what to do next

cajunspice

Veteran Member
TDI
Cam Timing will cause it to start when it wants to ?? How do i fix the problem

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
Do you see cranking RPM on scan tool data?

You were already asked about this, yet you say you do not know what to do next? I do not understand. Why come here asking for help, then refuse the help?

Here is another tip:

DO NOT SPRAY STARTING FLUID INTO THE INTAKE!!! :eek::rolleyes:

cajunspice

Veteran Member
TDI
I do apologize I sure not mean to come off that way .And I would appreciate any help thanks and I apologize again