2016 Touareg TDI white tail pipes

radunegru

TDI
2013 Passat TDI
I just went through the Ad Blue heater recall about 5000 miles ago. Yesterday, all of a sudden, i noticed a cloud of white dust in the back. Pulled the car in the next rest area and found the tailpipes coated with white dust on the inside.
Will this be a faulty addblue injector releasing too much fluid during regenerations? I will bring it to the dealer anyway as this will be a tdi item for sure , but wanted to see if anyone may had a different explanation or event encountered.

Rinderle_77

TDI
2000 Beetle TDI, 2015 Audi Q7 3.0TDI
Our '15 Q7 has done this a couple of times over the course of ~14k miles we've owned it. To the point of having white powder all over the back of the car. It's black, so the white really shows. All I've been told is that for some reason it is injecting too much DEF for some reason, but it's not necessarily abnormal.... Not exactly a comforting response, but the only times it's done it have been on extended, high-speed highway runs; so we keep on going and hope that if there's a problem it will be covered under the extended warranty, while that's still active.