TDI\Jeep swap project

Olsenkmark

TDI
2004 Jetta
Attempted my first post but haven’t seen any response... perhaps this will be a better location?

Where can I find the main relay? 2004 Jetta BEW I believe I will need it in order to preform the engine swap.

How can I post pics from my phone?

Project update: 2000 Cherokee with 70k miles located and ready to be stripped. It has a blown 4 banger and a AX5 trans. I found a parts Jeep to pull the better AX-15 trans. My donor 2004 Jetta was wrecked in the front but drove onto my trailer just fine. I have since pulled the engine and some wiring.

Last edited:

KDM Mods

TDI
None yet
Attempted my first post but haven’t seen any response... perhaps this will be a better location?

Where can I find the main relay? 2004 Jetta BEW I believe I will need it in order to preform the engine swap.

How can I post pics from my phone?

Project update: 2000 Cherokee with 70k miles located and ready to be stripped. It has a blown 4 banger and a AX5 trans. I found a parts Jeep to pull the better AX-15 trans. My donor 2004 Jetta was wrecked in the front but drove onto my trailer just fine. I have since pulled the engine and some wiring.

There is an app called Tapatalk that lets you post pictures. It’s really really a convenient app for forums.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jettawreck

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Jetta and 2003 Jetta
No, the "conversion" forum section would be the proper place to ask questions and get ideas for/from conversion projects. But to get responses you need better description(s) of the topic.
"Main relay" doesn't tell us much. There are a lot of relays involved in making a swap work with a '04 into a totally different chassis, I would assume. At a minimum, you need the ECU w/the engine bay wiring harnesses, probably the instrument cluster to play along with the immobilizer even if deleted, etc, etc, etc.
Read up on many of the othe similar projects and perhaps private message some of the guys that have done them. I find that they are usually glad to help and pass along their experience. A few were very helpful in my '03 gasser to TDI swap last year.

Olsenkmark

TDI
2004 Jetta
Thanks for the info... started another and downloaded the app!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk