Should I get the "fix" or leave as is

inti351

TDI
Audi a3 tdi
I have a 2011 Audi A3 TDI in NE with 110,000 miles. VGA has offered approx.$6,000 in addition to getting the emmission modification "fix". The deadline for returning the letter in Dec. 1st. The car runs great and I am worried I will get the fix and not like the performance, post fix. I also don't want to have problems with the fix. I could use the money, but is it worth it? Has anyone with this type of car had the fix? Have you had problems with the fix? How is performance, post fix? Any advice would be helpful. Thank you!

utahjd

TDI
2009 JSW
If you currently have a Final Offer with the modification selected, VW won't let you change it at this point. They imposed a Sept. 30 deadline for changing the remedy, even though no such date exists in the Settlement or various court orders. They also didn't put this deadline on the website, the portal, or in any of the emails that they send out (which all prominently contain the dec. 1 and dec. 30 deadlines), except for one email sent back in July (which I never saw because it wasn't sent from VWGOA, but rather some 3rd party consultant). I know because I'm currently dealing with it, as I concluded that I wanted to change a couple of weeks ago after seeing the problems with 09 fixes and watching resale values plummet because VW is flooding auctions with 12-15 low mile tdis. I believe it's a violation of the court's orders. I was about to start a new thread about it when I saw this one.

Diesl

Veteran Member
TDI
'78 Golf Diesel (long gone); 2012 Jetta Sportwagen TDI w/ DSG
If you still have to return a letter, it might be too late.
Otherwise, my experience with the fix is positive. Diesel mileage was 34.8 mpg for the last year before the fix, and 34.5 mpg for the 10k miles since the fix in February 2018. DPF and EGR filter failed and were replaced under warranty a few weeks after the fix. Car is running fine.