www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > VW TDI Discussion Areas > TDI Power Enhancements

TDI Power Enhancements Discussions about increasing the power of your TDI engine. i.e. chips, injectors, powerboxes, clutches, etc. Handling, suspensions, wheels, type discussion should be put into the "Upgrades (non TDI Engine related)" forum. Non TDI vehicle related postings will be moved or removed. Please note the Performance Disclaimer.

Old September 20th, 2018, 23:01   #736
Jukums

Does anyone have info about GT3067S from Audi biturbo engine ? And maybe some pictures from that turbo ?
http://www.tdr.lv/audi-80-b4-jukums/
Jukums is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2018, 22:24   #737
TDIMeister
Phd of TDIClub Enthusiast
Moderator at Large

TDI(s): TDI

Interesting turbo came up on eBay for a great price:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Jaguar-Land...-/123396495435

GTD1752VK (apparently not "R"), out of a Jaguar 3.0L 300 HP Lion Diesel.

TDIMeister's German-imported 1998 Audi A4 Avant TDI quattro

Are you receiving unwelcome sales solicitations or inappropriate, harassing messages in your PM? You can report them by pressing the image on the top right of the message in a similar way as reporting inappropriate posts.
TDIMeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2018, 02:44   #738
Rub87
Veteran Member

seems extremely small for 300 horses. could be some donkey's in between them and start degrading the power at 26C and 1012 mbar or so
Old October 2nd, 2018, 09:10   #739
TDIMeister
Phd of TDIClub Enthusiast
Moderator at Large

TDI(s): TDI

You are right, Ruben, I thought it was small also for the engine output, then I just realised that this engine was a twin turbo setup in parallel. Don't know what the wheel measurements are, but it would still be good as a modest performance upgrade. It does has a triangular turbine inlet flange and not sure whether the rotary actuator operates on CAN or what frequency of PWM, but can be converted to vacuum.

TDIMeister's German-imported 1998 Audi A4 Avant TDI quattro

Are you receiving unwelcome sales solicitations or inappropriate, harassing messages in your PM? You can report them by pressing the image on the top right of the message in a similar way as reporting inappropriate posts.
TDIMeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2018, 07:15   #740
Jukums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukums View Post
Does anyone have info about GT3067S from Audi biturbo engine ? And maybe some pictures from that turbo ?
If somone need some information about this turbo, then ask, had got one in my hands.
Old October 30th, 2018, 07:26   #741
Alcaid
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukums View Post
If somone need some information about this turbo, then ask, had got one in my hands.
Compressor inducer/exducer
Turbine inducer/exducer
Turbine A/R

Pictures?

'83 VW Jetta 1.6TTD - Holset HE200WG-5cm + Custom Holset HX30W-12cm compound, 12mm Dieselmeken pump, Rosten rods, girdle, Ported AAZ head with custom valves, valve springs, Ti retainers, camshaft +++ WIP
Alcaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2018, 10:47   #742
Jukums

So information about turbo
GT3067s WG
CW - billet
In 49.6mm
Ex 67.5mm
Extended tip 70mm
Housing A/R 0.60
TW
In 59.5mm
Ex 50.5mm
It has billet compressor wheel, anti-surge, water cooled CHRA.
It comes on 2013 Audi A7 3.0d Bitturbo 230kw

Old November 5th, 2018, 21:20   #743
[486]
Veteran Member

TDI(s): 02 golf ALH
Fuel Economy: 42 stock, 47-49 now

Anyone know of any stock application small frame ball bearing turbos?
Mid 40s compressor inducer as an soft upper limit. Housings don't matter, I've got a lathe and milling machine.

Just getting rather sick of replacing thrust bearings in my HP turbos. GT25 does not like gulping down pressurized air. Nor does TD04. Figure a ball bearing will live longer, and a stock application would be preferable because junkyard sourcing is something that I do.

ended up with a VF27 off a JDM subaru sequential setup
37/48mm compressor, ball bearing, and best for me: $150 shipped over from the uk
I'll add in some turbine dimensions once it shows up.

Last edited by [486]; November 6th, 2018 at 08:52.
[486] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2018, 19:34   #744
[486]
Veteran Member

Okay, it showed up, and by golly is it tiny, like a gt1749, little tiny baby thing. Never played with a BB turbo before, is it normal for the bearings to have a "preloaded ball bearing" feel to them? Not quite crunchy, but you can certainly feel that they're an interference fit in there.

IHI VF27
compressor: 6+6
inducer: 37.15mm
exducer: 48mm
tip height: about 5mm
comp housing inlet OD: 46mm
comp housing outlet OD: 36ish mm, beaded, with addit'l 16mm hose barb for BOV or something?
all 5 bolts are at different spacing, so compressor cover clocking is a 'drill and tap' affair
compressor inlet has three barely perceptable equidistant slots in it right before the inducer, with a phillips screw inline with them from the outside, maybe some sort of water injection ports and cast-in manifold?
turbine: 8 blade
39.3mm inducer
34.9mm exducer
tip height: about 5mm, with a "extended exducer tip compressor" looking inducer
Just eyeballing the volute size, it looks rather disproportionate, which makes sense being it was fitted to a 2.0l gasoline motor. Maybe 7-8cm^2?

Old November 10th, 2018, 00:28   #745
majesty78
Veteran Member

TDI(s): VW Polo ASZ
Fuel Economy: 30mpg

The phillips screw holds the inner part of the compressor housing, which contains the wheels dimensions and contour. Nothing to do with water injection or such, the compressor housing is simply made of the outer "shell" and the inner part, so they could make different wheel sizes to fit, just by changing the inner part.

The "extended tip" on turbine is a so called mixed flow turbine design, which, like the name says mixes radial and axial flow over the turbine wheel.
This makes a special design in turbine housing necessaryto guide the exhqaust gas flow correctly over the turbine wheel.
To make it work, the blades of this turbine have a very different design than a conventional turbine as you will have noticed.
The advantage of this mixed flow design is a higher flow capability compared to a conventional axial flow turbine, therefore they could make the turbine wheel smaller which then also gives better spoolup and transient response.
Old November 10th, 2018, 12:50   #746
[486]
Veteran Member

Kinda figured it was something like that, as such small features would be a casting nightmare... and the parts look die-cast. Was kinda hoping for 'japanese space magic', heh.

On the turbine that's pretty neat, so machining some random turbine housing to fit is a bad idea, noted.
Old November 11th, 2018, 01:04   #747
adamss24
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 35-45mpg

Do you have better pictures of the compressor side ? I am looking for a modern wastegated turbocharger to fit on a 1L vw up engine for a turbocharged project to keep me busy this winter, this looks like a nice turbo although a bit on the big side ! Thanks for sharing...
adamss24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2018, 09:42   #748
[486]
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamss24 View Post
Do you have better pictures of the compressor side ? I am looking for a modern wastegated turbocharger to fit on a 1L vw up engine for a turbocharged project to keep me busy this winter, this looks like a nice turbo although a bit on the big side ! Thanks for sharing...
Look them up on ebay, got mine from over in Derby for $135, and half of that was supposedly shipping. Probably be about 40gbp for you. They had like 4 of them listed, and the advert has the pics of the compressor side

No wastegate here, they had an external on them from the factory.