TDI Spotted at Denver Salvage Yard

tetragrahamaton

TDI
2002 Jetta Wagon Auto
Hey folks, just a heads up for anyone in need of ALH engine parts. A green MkIV TDI Jetta ('00 iirc) was recently added to the yard at LKQ Denver. I was there earlier today and the engine is still mostly intact, just appears to be missing the fuel pump and water pump, maybe a few other random smaller things.

Of course, I have no idea what condition the engine is in or how the car ended up in the yard, but I don't remember seeing any crash damage, so best be prepared for the worst. It's also worth noting that the engine bay was absolutely filthy, probably the worst I've ever seen on any junkyard VW.:(

Good luck!

jimmyvegas

TDI
02 Jettaswagen
Anyone see and silver jettas or wagons with straight body panels in the yard recently? I have some rust damage on the fenders on my wagon from previous owners as well as bumper damage front and rear. Im thinking I may be able to get this Wednesday off and planning to go grab whatever I can find.

tetragrahamaton

TDI
2002 Jetta Wagon Auto
There's a silver wagon at LKQ Aurora. The front and back bumpers were still there this past Wednesday, and in decent condition. The front bumper had been removed and placed on the ground, though, so it's very possible that someone's grabbed it in the mean time. I took the front passenger fender panel, but left my previous one in its place--another salvage yard find which was a bit scratched, didn't fit that well, and I suspect was an aftermarket item--and the front driver fender panel is pretty badly chipped. I didn't get a close look at the rear fender panels, but they seemed ok.

jimmyvegas

TDI
02 Jettaswagen
LKQ Aurora had a lot of Jettas I went to four junkyards and found the best selection there. Im still in the market for front and rear bumpers and a passenger side fender. I am going to see if there is a way to get new vehicle notifications. But next time I may just save myself the headache and go there in search of parts.

tetragrahamaton

TDI
2002 Jetta Wagon Auto
There's also a pretty good selection down at Littleton UPull, and they have better prices than the places in Denver and Aurora. Plus they consistently post inventory updates every day on their Facebook. Worth the drive IMO.