Traction Control

erickuhn

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta, 2000, Black
I've been searching around here and cannot seem to figure out where to get ASR parts. Does anyone have a source? It looks like some people are running into some good deals on used parts... Please, I need some traction.

Birdman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Jetta 2001 Died by Truck one snowy day. Jetta 2003
From the ASR thread post above. Page 3 ----------- Install the ASR unit this morning Part # 1J0907379R 285.00 from VW Parts including Switch.
This is the part i used on my car and lito's both are the MK20. VW Parts (not the same as IMPEX) 800-897-2787 this is where i found mine.

VW Vet

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf GL TDI, 2001
From what i have read in the other post on ABS/ASR, it sounds like this unit (1J0 907 379R)can control a gas engine as well as a TDI. I say this because this option is not available in TDIs. Is this correct?

Birdman,
The part number you gave is for the bottom part only, right? Do you have a number for the top,too?
ETKA is VERY confusing on this subject.

P.S. In the Bentley Manual, they list different Software codes for each configuation. Could it be ASR can be added simply by recoding? Too good to be true.

erickuhn

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta, 2000, Black
Thanks "Birdman". I'll call in the AM. I went to Impex's web page.

Well upgrading to a 03 is one way to get my car clean and the ASR...

Thanks!
Eric

Birdman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Right the bottom has that part number but you want to buy the whole unit Hydro and computer, make sure it says on the bottom ABS/ASR/EDL? They sell them as a unit with the holes sealed up to keep it clean.

tongsli

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2000 Jetta TDI, 2004, Jetta Wagon TDI PD
Etka is very confusing in this area. I don't believe you can buy the parts seperately, right Jerry?

So, the part number you gave is for the computer/brains part and the hydro unit will come attached.

My unit came from a 1.8T gasser.

Lito

Birdman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
you can order the parts seperate.About 900$ if i remember what Eric posted. and yes you can only find them on the high line gassers like the GLX. thats why i went the route i did.

[ December 09, 2002, 21:34: Message edited by: Birdman ]

erickuhn

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta, 2000, Black
I've read that thread a few times now. I apparently need a MK20 unit. I need a good part number. I cannot seem to find the one listed. Please advise...

Thanks,
Eric