CARB rejects 3.0L recall plan

RollingCoal

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf Tdi SEL
Wow, that casts some serious doubt on the fixes for the gen 3's being so easy. Unless I'm mistaken VW was claiming that the fix for 3.0s would be pretty straight forward. It's also kind of a red flag that CARB noted that VW didn't provide sufficient feedback on the impact to the vehicles drivability, longevity, ect.

Although I still think the fix for gen 3 cars is likely, VW better have all the info CARB wants because it sure seems like they're not getting a pass on anything at this point.

Last edited:

Rico567

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL Premium (Turned in 7/7/18)
Wow, that casts some serious doubt on the fixes for the gen 3's being so easy. Unless I'm mistaken VW was claiming that the fix for 3.0s would be pretty straight forward. It's also kind of a red flag that CARB noted that VW didn't provide sufficient feedback on the impact to the vehicles drivability, longevity, ect.
I'm not clear on the relationship between the 3.0L engine and the Gen 3 car that would lead to that conclusion.

GoFaster

Moderator at Large
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
Both use the same emission control strategy.

From reading the rejection cover letter, it's pretty much the same situation that the original VW recall plan for the 2.0 went through. Those had an initial rejection letter like this, too. Same situation as the 4 cylinder, just several months behind.