2003 Jetta GLS 5-Speed FS (See Pics Thread)

Tarbe

Veteran Member
TDI
Touareg and Sportwagon Sold to VW
EDIT: New thread started with link to pics and price.

Writing this almost makes me want to get sick....

This is one of those "2 percenters". This car has lifetime average of 57mpg, 58 since 20,000 miles.

Overkill on maintenance, always garaged - even at work. Leather treated w/Mequire's every 2-3 months. Amsoil and baffled filters averaged every 5,000 (actually a little more often than that), Oilguard bypass installed at about 500 miles. Eclipse CCV installed at about 300 miles. TDI heater installed at about 500 miles. Average air filter interval about 15,000 miles. Always used additives, Soy Shield and Amsoil Cetane Boost. Never dogged...ever. No dings. One small abrasion on rear near trunk lid from loading the head of a large buck into the trunk (!). The car is pretty much perfect in every way, probably better than most with less than half the miles.

It does have a new windshield - replaced after a duck decided to fly into the original.

Car currently has 38,000 miles. Includes three "cross-country" trips totalling about 8,000 miles and numerous 500 mile trips in Texas (at least 15 over the last year). Probably half of the total miles have been from 25 or so long trips. Mostly with either just me, or myself and my son. Back seat rarely used.

Car has never seen winter - bought in VA and currently in Texas.

I have the OEM brake fluid in the garage, ready for the brake bleed. Also have Pentosin PS fluid, three oil filters, three Oilguard bypass filters, fuel filter (will be changing around 40k).

I'll work on pictures. I have an excel file with all maintenance, fuel/additive etc logged by date and mileage. I can email it if interested. Send email to tim.arbeiter@us.sasol.com.

Price to be determined. I don't even want to think about that right now
This is like selling your kid...

Tim

Edit: Forgot the Monster Mats!

mannytranny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
02 Jetta (sold, such a great car) '16 Touareg
2003 Jetta GLS 5-Speed FS

Lemme know on price!

Tarbe

Veteran Member
TDI
Touareg and Sportwagon Sold to VW

There have been a number of you asking for pictures. I promise I will do my best to get some shots taken and accessible asap.

On the price front, I am finding a wide discrepancy in prices for seemingly similar cars...like from $15k to $20k. This is nuts! Perhaps some folks are not representing their cars properly, or some will never sell?

I don't want to stick a price out there unless I think it represents the market. Sorry, please bear with me (trying to work, too!).

Tim

rdkern

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Passat 1997 silver (sold after 11 years), Jetta 2000 atlantic blue

Prior to pics - How about:

(1) Color out/in
(2) Moonroof yes/no
(3) sound system

I assume 5 speed with your mpg readings, power windows/door locks since a gls. Correct?