www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > TDI Model Specific Discussions Areas > VW MKVII-Mk7 Golf family including Golf Wagon (~ 2015 +)

VW MKVII-Mk7 Golf family including Golf Wagon (~ 2015 +) Discussions area for the Mk7 (2015+) Golf and Golf Wagon TDIs based on the MQB (Modularer Querbaukasten) platform.

Old September 25th, 2018, 19:30   #1216
ssffnomad
Veteran Member

Installed ESC Tuning Jāck Pads
ssffnomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2018, 11:53   #1217
tdidieselbobny
Veteran Member

A few weeks ago I dropped a tool off to get repaired and grabbed a store flyer and put it on my front seat, thinking nothing of it. Last week I moved the flyer,and discovered that some of the ink had transferred to my seat( this after a few 90 degree days also)-red, blue and black colors. I looked in owners manual to see what can be used on leatherette- only recommends water and mild detergent. I tried that, but no success. Next I tried some Armor All leather protectant(cleaner and conditioner)- took a little bit off, but the ink was still there. My last resort, I decided to try some WD-40 on a rag to try and get it removed. It worked!!! I tried the smallest spot first to make sure it didn't itself stain the leatherette-after I rubbed it on the mark and it disappeared without leaving a mark, I went ahead and used it on the remaining ink marks. I then followed that by using the armor all, good as new again. Disclaimer time- use at your own risk! This was used on 2015 leatherette seats, don't know how it would turn out on older or newer seats, or what other types of coverings, if the WD-40 would leave a stain on your seat or surface, I don't know. Just figured I'd post this in case anyone else that has a stubborn stain they wanted to try a last resort attempt on....
97 Passat TDI-420,688 miles,totalled by 86yr.old lady-gone,but not forgotten-'15 Silk Blue Golf Sportwagen w/DSG, 30k miles....'16 Kubota BX1870 MMM/FEL, 178hrs!And now an '03 Jetta TDI 5spd w/ 427k,RC2,Sprint 520's,Dieselgeek short shifter and oil bypass, and a few other goodies....
tdidieselbobny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2018, 12:16   #1218
jason_
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdidieselbobny View Post
A few weeks ago I dropped a tool off to get repaired and grabbed a store flyer and put it on my front seat, thinking nothing of it. Last week I moved the flyer,and discovered that some of the ink had transferred to my seat( this after a few 90 degree days also)-red, blue and black colors. I looked in owners manual to see what can be used on leatherette- only recommends water and mild detergent. I tried that, but no success. Next I tried some Armor All leather protectant(cleaner and conditioner)- took a little bit off, but the ink was still there. My last resort, I decided to try some WD-40 on a rag to try and get it removed. It worked!!! I tried the smallest spot first to make sure it didn't itself stain the leatherette-after I rubbed it on the mark and it disappeared without leaving a mark, I went ahead and used it on the remaining ink marks. I then followed that by using the armor all, good as new again. Disclaimer time- use at your own risk! This was used on 2015 leatherette seats, don't know how it would turn out on older or newer seats, or what other types of coverings, if the WD-40 would leave a stain on your seat or surface, I don't know. Just figured I'd post this in case anyone else that has a stubborn stain they wanted to try a last resort attempt on....
Nice, and better then what me and my old man nearly had happen to us...

Old 1ton dodge and vinyl seat, out sawing wood in the winter. Left a 2 liter with label peeled off full of water on the seat.

Nice sunny day..

Came back for some water and the cab was filled was white thick smoke!

The water focused the sunlight and was in the process of. Burning a hole in the seat!
jason_ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2018, 15:45   #1219
Mike in Anchorage
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason_ View Post
Nice, and better then what me and my old man nearly had happen to us...
Old 1ton dodge and vinyl seat, out sawing wood in the winter. Left a 2 liter with label peeled off full of water on the seat.
Nice sunny day..
Came back for some water and the cab was filled was white thick smoke!
The water focused the sunlight and was in the process of. Burning a hole in the seat!
Supposedly this is why perfectly spherical aquariums are no longer sold. They set too many houses on fire. This may be the old tale of wives or a tale of old wives. I get so confused!
~ “I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.” Marilyn Monroe
2015 Tornado Red Golf TDI Sportwagen SE, new on 2 SEP 2017, DSG, big sunroof. Lovin it!
Mike in Anchorage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2018, 05:43   #1220
jason_
Veteran Member

Honestly I think it didn't fully take off because once the cab filled I set set smoke it choked out the sunlight.

It was so random and unbelievable. Somewhere when we scrapped the truck I took a 6" hole saw and punched out the burned hole.

It's somewhere in the garage. If I find it I'll take a photo.

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk
Old September 28th, 2018, 13:04   #1221
galexandr

TDI(s): JSW 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discovery View Post
A roof basket

Did your VW come with the adaptive cruise control/breaking in the front grill?
galexandr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2018, 09:45   #1222
ssffnomad
Veteran Member

Took off Whhels to detail. Painted Brake Calipers , could not stand the tin foil color any longer. Also painted the wide area of Brake Rotor.
ssffnomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2018, 06:51   #1223
jason_
Veteran Member

Inline heater in! Also balanced factory rubber. Almost 30k and finally getting some out of round. Bought a big box of stick ons. Discount wanted $50 to balance them! $17 bought me stick ons for the next 2 vehicles...

Unfortunately ran out of time to install my fancy bumper plug.

And now, spending Sunday to drive a well point...

No worry, 3hp Briggs, some rope, a pulley, and a tri pod over the hole, and a 300# weight....

12oz curls driving 300#, a tug and 1/4 inch at a time...

Edit

Terry's factory hose clamp on top of heater is loose as a goose.

Trashed it and used a good old school proven stainless screw hose clamp.

Terrible....

Last edited by jason_; September 30th, 2018 at 11:48. Reason: Leak
Old October 1st, 2018, 06:07   #1224
740GLE
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssffnomad View Post
Installed ESC Tuning Jāck Pads
FYI they are "ESC assembled" OEM jack pads, quite handy and also cheaper if you source directly from europe, snagged mine for about $50 + $13ish shipping.

check out golf daves DIY over at Mk7 forum.
740GLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2018, 08:53   #1225
Grigg3
Veteran Member

The jack pads from ECS aren't the full set of OEM parts. Here's info and other links about the full version, still cheaper than ECS.
http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread...77#post5349377
Old October 2nd, 2018, 13:59   #1226
xDieselxTunerx
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 40+MPG

Quote:
Originally Posted by galexandr View Post
Did your VW come with the adaptive cruise control/breaking in the front grill?

Our GSW has that same sensor in the front because it came with the driver assistance package. It's just for front collision warning, I wish it was for adaptive cruise control.
Old October 2nd, 2018, 22:54   #1227
Nuje
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 1200km/tank (Mk4); 750km/tank (Mk7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDieselxTunerx View Post
Our GSW has that same sensor in the front because it came with the driver assistance package. It's just for front collision warning, I wish it was for adaptive cruise control.
I bought a steering wheel (for the shift paddles - we didn't get those in Canada), and it had ACC buttons instead of standard cruise control. I thought that maybe I could re-code things with VCDS to enable ACC given that I had that front sensor in the bumper...but no go. Ross-Tech forums seemed to indicate there was no way / no how.
Nuje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2018, 11:36   #1228
dwu.048

Fuel Economy: 6.0L/100km

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuje View Post
I bought a steering wheel (for the shift paddles - we didn't get those in Canada), and it had ACC buttons instead of standard cruise control. I thought that maybe I could re-code things with VCDS to enable ACC given that I had that front sensor in the bumper...but no go. Ross-Tech forums seemed to indicate there was no way / no how.
Was there any luck with getting the shifters to work? I was thinking of getting mine changed too.
Old October 4th, 2018, 13:56   #1229
CruisingWagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdidieselbobny View Post
Good to know. On a similar note (just for regular cleaning, maybe not your ink issue) a magic eraser works wonders. Plus, hearing your anecdote makes me love my "pleather" even more. Durable, easy to clean and I swear it feels more real than the "real leather" some car manufacturer's put in their cars.
CruisingWagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2018, 10:27   #1230
jason_
Veteran Member

I moved the lawnmower. Apparently not far enough.

It's a good whack. Couldn't I just clean it good and seal it to prevent rust in the meantime?