Engine idle making car shake

Iank

TDI
Vw 2.0tdi 16v 2008 jetta
Hi I'm new here and new to tdi I have a 2008 vw jetta 2.0tdi 6speed manual. At idle the car shakes. When looking at the car engine you can see the right side moving only on idle though. There is some times a chattering noise that goes along with it I presume because when you take the reves above 1000 both problems stop but the don't happen together all the time. I have recently serviced oil, filter, fuel. And its had a polly dog bone Bush insert, none of this has made a difference thanks for reading.

h.ubk

Veteran Member
TDI
1997 Jetta TDI with 1Z Engine
It could be engine related or motor mounts. Did you look at the motor mounts? At least you can inspect them visually.

h.ubk

OhCdn

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf MK4
Hi I'm new here and new to tdi I have a 2008 vw jetta 2.0tdi 6speed manual. At idle the car shakes. When looking at the car engine you can see the right side moving only on idle though. There is some times a chattering noise that goes along with it I presume because when you take the reves above 1000 both problems stop but the don't happen together all the time. I have recently serviced oil, filter, fuel. And its had a polly dog bone Bush insert, none of this has made a difference thanks for reading.
when you push clutch in does it make a difference? and a stock clutch correct?

OhCdn

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf MK4
when you push clutch in does it make a difference? and a stock clutch correct? and what he means by dmf= dual mass flywheel which is what comes with your car stock for clutch setup, i have switched mine to a single mass flywheel by southbend (stage 3 endurance) i really enjoy it actually but it might not be your issue im sure some other people will chime in...

Last edited: