Driver window one touch not working

kdawg89

Veteran Member
TDI
15 Golf DSG 06 Jetta (sold)
The one touch function in my drivers window seems to have stopped working, all of the other windows still have full one touch functionality and the driver window rolls up and down fine you just have to hold the button. Any ideas what would cause that?

Softrockrenegade

Veteran Member
TDI
None...2011 Golf DSG (replaced by VW W/) 2013 Passat SE 6M(bought back) Current 2017 sportwagen TSI 4Motion.
Hold the button and roll the window completely down then completely back up. This will recalibrate the pinch protection and may fix your issue.

kdawg89

Veteran Member
TDI
Hold the button and roll the window completely down then completely back up. This will recalibrate the pinch protection and may fix your issue.

I have tried that several times, I also tried rolling them down and then back up from outside the car with the key and that didn't fix it either. Does anyone know if the one touch function wiring is separate from the actual window operation? I don't know if this car has ever had anything done with the wiring harness in the driver door, however it does not have any other symptoms of harness failure, everything in the door works perfectly except the one touch window.

40X40

Experienced
TDI
2013 Passat SEL Premium
Did you roll the window all the way UP and then HOLD the button in the UP position for a couple of seconds?

Bill

Midnight Rider

Veteran Member
TDI
SOLD
It could be that every time you open or close the door your window looses it's programming due to the wiring problem. This is what happens with mine. I can "program" it, it works well for that drive, as soon as I open the door it is reset again.

JSWTDI09

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 JSW TDI (gone but not forgotten)
If the problem can't be "cured" with the pinch protection reset procedure, it is a wiring and/or door controller problem. First I would suggest a scan with VCDS. I suspect that the door controller has one (or more) stored DTCs. This will give you a place to start. I would also carefully inspect the bundle of wires that go through that rubber "tunnel" between the pillar and the door (the thing that flexes every time the door opens or closes). This is a common failure point for almost all cars.

Have Fun!

Don

thecause17

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Salsa Red TDi DSG
I was doing some other troubleshooting on my car a while back and had the driver's window down when I disconnected the battery. The next time I used that window the auto up/down no longer worked either. I put the window up, disconnected and reconnected the battery and it was fine after that. I'm sure I could've done something in VCDS with it, but this worked just fine. So if you recently disconnected your battery for some reason that may have been the issue. Give it a try.

CampanellaCoasting

TDI
2005 BEW Jetta GLS, 2004 BKW Touareg
Don't overlook the switch itself. Mine has the opposite function, The one touch auto works great, but the manual select doesn't. Pop the handle off, should just pull up. Put an ohm meter across the leads and see if it has continuity.

Its the easiest test and that way you can eliminate the switch.

The door harness is a huge problem on the Mk5 cars.

A 2007 golf I worked on had all other functions working great, except the driver window and speakers. I opened the door jamb rubber "tunnel" and found several broken wires.

Not that that's what is wrong with your car, but just something to keep in mind.

kdawg89

Veteran Member
TDI
Thanks for all of the input. It seems to have cured itself for the time being. I am sure it will pop up again but until then I am going to let it be.

spyder982

TDI
I pulled the door panel off and took the switch out. I pushed all the electrical connections from the harness hard into the switch and everything worked good after that.

40X40

Experienced
TDI
2013 Passat SEL Premium
Did you look at the wiring where it connects the body to the door? There is a 'bellows' looking wire loom that is located between the two door hinges. It snaps loose from the body and exposes the wires for inspection.
This is also where the wires usually break.

Bill

Paddster

TDI
Gti
One touch selective

I’m
Having issues with my one touch, windows will go up with one touch but not down from drivers side and on passenger side it goes up and down with one touch any ideas?