Longest Commute - Shortest Commute

TDIFred

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Jetta Sportwagen, 2009, Graphite
I have heard/read about the 300 km per day commuters and wanted to pipe in that my commute is now 50 feet, 60 if I have to use the hotel hallway.
Mike, where are you? You always have 0.02 to add!:D

weedeater

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Jetta, 2001, Baltic Green
I have a friend whose commute is walking across the hall. Fortunately his PC (from which he works) does not have a camera since most of the time he's unshaven and in his skivies.

Silver02TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2012 Golf Wagon TDI Highline
Fred, my commute is still shorter than yours... And has been for the past one and a half years and will be for quite a while until I change jobs ;):D

Actually, maybe it is a few feet longer... I do have to cross a street, after all

craig01b

Top Post Dawg
TDI
None
154 kms return.....But my cottage is 632kms away...nice to do there and almost halfway back on a tank of fuel. Sure packs on the kilometerage in a hurry.

Craig

TDIFred

Top Post Dawg
TDI
fun, but next week (Friday actually) I will be in Bracebridge and will measure my trip from the room to the office when I get there. Windsor is okay, but the Canadian Shield is alot nicer.

P2B

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2002 Jetta, 2003 Jetta, 2003 Jetta Wagon
I haven't measured mine, but 50' sounds about right - 1st floor to basement :cool:

The TDI is the cottage car, but even then it's only 185K each way.

Simon

TheTDIWagonGuy

Registered Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
Black 2003 Bora Wagon TDI
TDIFred said:
I have heard/read about the 300 km per day commuters and wanted to pipe in that my commute is now 50 feet, 60 if I have to use the hotel hallway.
Mike, where are you? You always have 0.02 to add!:D
How do you manage that?

TDIFred

Top Post Dawg
TDI
TheTDIWagonGuy said:
How do you manage that?
in the field these days. measured the distance from my door to the Cantina at 10 metres. we will be in Parry Sound for a month WOO HOO. unfortunately we do not work Sundays so will have to find something else to do, biking kayaking canoeing loafing, always something to do in Parry Sound.

Toronto_Vento

Top Post Dawg
TDI
01 Baltic Green Bora
My commute has been about 50 km round trip house to work. But with going to the gym and visiting fiance, trip distance is about 80 km or so per day. If I would have a commute of 10 km or less one way, I would seriously consider something other than a diesel...it's a highway car, not short distance.

I wish I could figure out some way to work from home. :) I don't mind driving distances at all...it's the stop and go traffic that kills me.

KARKS

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf Wagon TDI 2012
Round trip is about 300kms Wasaga Beach to Oakville... and that is if I just go to work and home with no other driving - I also visit our Hamilton office once a week. I guess I like driving! but the TDI is the only way to drive all these KMs.

I guess my other commute that is big is my travel to India and Manila 4 times a year...!

Tsagoth

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon Automatic
mjhandy said:
damn, that must be a night mare in the winter, or do you have the 'work from home' option?
I wish. Officially, working at home is not permitted. When all the roads in the county are closed by the OPP and it's a blizzard and there's four feet of snow in the driveway and I call my manager to say "I'm working from home today" he's never had the nerve to say No.

mjhandy

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Touareg TDI
Tsagoth said:
I wish. Officially, working at home is not permitted. When all the roads in the county are closed by the OPP and it's a blizzard and there's four feet of snow in the driveway and I call my manager to say "I'm working from home today" he's never had the nerve to say No.
hehe... i can work from home, though that usualy means i turn the xbox on and play games, and check email now and then.

I imagine it`s nice where you are. I looked on a map, and i know some of the area.

weasel

Deactivated Member Account
TDI
None.
~220K round trip for me. Good thing is that I only do this 3.5 times per week - max. Carpooling is good. Now the work from home thing I could technically do, but I'd have to get one of those bobbing birds to hit the "any" key for me.

raydeee

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta TDI,2009 Jetta TDI
Distance for Commute

I'm around 220 km round trip from St.Catharines to Scarborough 5 days a week I also drive a truck all day for a additional 300km for approxamatly 10 hrs .I always wonder how much driving i've done in my life the Army i use to tow a gun around and instruct,UPS Air Driver from Hamilton airport to many places in Ont.,Taxi in Hamilton for a old company called "Vetrans" and driving Body gaurds around for the Government.I wonder whats next in line for me........

DezlMitch

TDI
2006 Jetta Wagon - Reflex Silver
Well... I think I beat alot of you for shortest commute today... 2 feet :). I reached over grabbed the laptop from bed, logged in remotely, checked the servers and email... rolled back over for a while :). Boy am I exhausted from the bloody traffic. :D

Bradtholomew

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf TDI
DezlMitch said:
Boy am I exhausted from the bloody traffic. :D
Air resistance is a *****, eh?

I've got a nice medium-sized commute, 80kms round trip. Any longer in Toronto traffic and I'd go insane, any shorter and I wouldn't get enough of a driving fix every day.

Brad

VwPodRacer

Veteran Member
TDI
04 Jetta PD150, 98 Jetta TDI
about 220kms daily for work and back but then there is always the fun joy rides at night:D if you know what i mean;)