2012 Jetta DSG Transmission

Ffatcat

TDI
2012 Jetta
Does anyone know how much horsepower and torque can be added before transmission problems occur?
Is there any company that upgrades/strengthens the DSG? I have not found anybody that does transmission upgrades.
I have a plan that upgrades engine, turbo, ecu, and overall cooling systems. I'm looking at to be in the 260-290 hp 420-450 torque range.

Last edited:

GoFaster

Moderator at Large
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
Sure about your power and torque? Normally on these engines, the torque figure is much larger than the horsepower figure.

If your torque figure is correct it should be doable. If your horsepower figure is correct and the torque figure has its usual relationship (much larger - like 450 lb.ft for 270 hp) I don't think that's going to happen.

I know of no upgrades for the DSG transmission's hardware. Most people who build hot-rods out of these, are doing it to the manual gearbox, for which you can get stronger clutches, etc.

nkgagne

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Sportwagen 6M, 2006 Golf GLS TDI (sold)
I saw on YouTube someone installing upgraded wet clutches to improve torque holding ability. The upgraded clutch packs had more plates in the wet clutches, increasing the friction surface area.