All windows roll down when you open the door ***

weggman

Veteran Member
TDI
Had 74 to date 2006 Mk5 custom TDI
I have a 2005 tdi passat that I just bought. Every time open the door to get out of the car all the windows roll down. Anyone ever had this issue. What is causing it. It had an aftermarket alarm, I promptly removed that. What next?

Lug_Nut

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
idi: 1988 Bolens DGT1700H, the other oil burner: 1967 Saab Sonett II two stroke
Any door? or driver's door only?
How is the door lock / unlock programmed? Try reprogramming it to not lock when driving, or to unlock when the key is removed from the ignition (or both) to see if that changes the symptoms.

I'm guessing here, but the central operated window down feature is regulated by the door lock logic. If the lock logic is screwy, it may be causing the unwanted window down issue.

MOGolf

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Golf GLS TDI Reflex silver, rough road suspension and steel skid plate, 2004 Passat Variant, Candy White, rough road suspension and geared balanced shaft module, and much, much more. 2016 LR RR HSE TD6, 2019 Jaguar I-PACE
How was that alarm integrated with the system and what was done to remove it?
Reads like a short in wiring (going through the door-body protective boot?) causing activation of the windows.

thundershorts

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 passat tdi sel premium 2015 golf s tdi gls tdi b5.5, 2002 eurovan,Peugeot 505 td,Citroen cx25 prestige
if its a viper system it may be wired into the ccm as well. look for bogus wires near ccm