2 stroke oil in your diesel?

boulevard

TDI
98' Jetta
I have heard some people are mixing 2 stroke oil with their diesel fuel to make up for the lower amount of lubrication available in the new low sulpher diesel fuel. Is this a good idea? Has anyone tried this? Any ill effects?

lupin..the..3rd

Veteran Member
TDI
Passat B4 1996
I've never heard that before. Biodiesel is also great for increasing lubricity. Even if you have to drive a ways to get it, go fill two 5 gallon containers with B100. Add 1 gallon of Bio to each tankful of ULSD and you'll have good lubricity and a long-lasting supply (well, 10 tankfuls)

boulevard

TDI
98' Jetta
I was thinking of running the 2 stroke oil that is made for engines with variable exhaust valves also known as rave valves. Rave valves are basicaly a wastegate on the exhaust port that controlls back pressure to increase torque at low rpm's on 2 strokes. Engines with rave valves require special oil that will not plug up the rave valves with a oil residue. I guess what you said is the term I was looking for. Make sure it is an ashless oil and I think it will work well!!

boulevard

TDI
98' Jetta
I have never seen bio-diesel at the pump anywhere!! If it was not for the news and internet I would not even know it exsists. I have traveded interstate I-95 from Penn. to FLA. and also Penn. to Mass. and have never seen it sold during these trips. Is it available on the East coast??