Mid-Michigan (MI): VAG-COM help with a limp mode / N75 CEL?

Beowulf

Veteran Member
TDI
A3 Jetta, 1998, Green
Full details on the problem here:
http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=126072

I'm on vacation in MI and will be in the Alma/St Louis area starting tomorrow through the weekend. I've cleaned out my N75 which has stopped the car going into limp mode, but the CEL hasn't gone away.

Is there someone in the Lansing/Grand Rapids/Alma/Mt Pleasant/Traverse City area that can use VAG-COM to check what the actual error code is and clear it for me?

lrpavlo

Veteran Member
TDI
09 Sportwagen DSG, 02 NB Auto
I see Mark of Diesel is on this already! I'm only 7 miles from St Louis in a little town called Merrill. Have Vag com but unfortunately not a spare N75. You are welcome to garage or any help I can provide!
Lew (989) 643-5864
2895 South Fenmore Rd
Merrill MI

r90sKirk

Veteran Member
TDI
All TDI's - No gassers! Luxo-Tourer = 13 Passat (hands down, the nicest car we've ever owned), Most fun = MK4 Golf
beowolf,

I'm in Rockford (just north of Grand Rapids) and on your way from Fruitport to Alma, so if you need to stop I can provide that as well. Have vag-com, garage and tools. I'm at work right now (thurs am) right off 96 at the fruitridge exit and can run home anytime if I need to meet you there. Have a towstrap as well (don't imagine it's needed though).

Kirk

PS, I forgot to leave a phone number the first time. you can reach me at 616-855-0302

Last edited:
TDI
Jetta, 2006, Campanella White, Anthracite Int. DSG, Pkg. 1; New Beetle, 1998, Yellow, black leather Int., 2013 Passat TDI SEL Night blue, grey Int. given back to VW (well, not given... ;) ) 2018 Tiguan; first gasser in years
OK, anyone heard anything yet? I imagine he's enroute so maybe by afternoon. It is great to see all the help offers, you Mi. guys are da bomb! I feel so much love!

r90sKirk

Veteran Member
TDI
All TDI's - No gassers! Luxo-Tourer = 13 Passat (hands down, the nicest car we've ever owned), Most fun = MK4 Golf
Nope, I haven't heard anything yet. This whole site is da bomb!

Last night I removed and lubed my starter drive w/ the aid of "wingnuts" write up, very helpful, and now I don't have that annoying little noise after she starts that was present periodically but more consistent w/ colder weather.

Later, Kirk

Beowulf

Veteran Member
TDI
A3 Jetta, 1998, Green
Wow. Thanks for all the offers of help. I was occupied Thursday with packing, travelin and unpacking and then had troubles getting online until today. I'm really sorry for leaving you all hanging.

Mr UPS Guy delivered an N75 on Friday, which I installed and tested out today. The mechanical problems seem to be sorted out.

I've replied to a couple IMs from Mark of Diesel and Irvpavlo. I'd like to meet up with someone with a VAG-COM to clear out the code(s) so the CEL turns off. Thanks again, everyone.

lrpavlo

Veteran Member
TDI
09 Sportwagen DSG, 02 NB Auto
Was great to meet up with you and get a chance to play with such a nice car! Let us know how she runs now!
Mark of Diesel visited for awhile then he pulled the radio on my Beetle and tracked down a non working wire....boy being fat has its advantages....you can't fit in the wheel wheel and work with 2 hands like those dexterous thin Mark of Diesel guys!
Hope she run

Beowulf

Veteran Member
TDI
A3 Jetta, 1998, Green
It was great having our Merrill mini-GTG. Thanks again for the help with clearing the code and advancing the timing. We need to do it again sometime.

The car pulls really well, in fact, better than I remember it pulling it quite a long time. Acceleration is really smooth again. I had great fun passing all the pokey gassers going over the mountains on I-68 on my way back home.