Hotel Reservations - Ypsilanti Marriott

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
Welcome to the TDIFest 2012 Hotel Reservation thread!

Overflow hotel - Airport Sheraton (20 minutes down I-94 from the Marriott)

Map from Sheraton to Marriott: http://goo.gl/maps/NBbkT

Hotel website: http://www.starwoodhotels.com/sheraton/property/overview/index.html?propertyID=3679

Reservations link: https://www.starwoodmeeting.com/Book/TDIFEST

Pricing: $99/night + tax, rate guaranteed through August 24th

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

In here you will find all of the information that you'll need to make your hotel reservation at the TDIFest 2012 host hotel - the Ann Arbor Marriott Ypsilanti at Eagle Crest.

Where:
Ann Arbor Marriott Ypsilanti at Eagle Crest
1275 S. Huron Street, Ypsilanti, Michigan 48197
(734) 487-2000
Google map

When:
TDIFest 2012
Labor Day weekend
Friday, August 31st - Sunday, September 2nd, 2012

Details and Rates:
$99 + $10.89 tax = $109.89 per night
1 king or 2 double bed rooms
Rate includes wireless internet

Rate applies to the following dates, allowing for early or late arrival,
  • Thu 8/30
  • Fri 8/31
  • Sat 9/01
  • Sun 9/02
  • Mon 9/3
Rate expires on Wednesday, August 8, 2012
We won't be the only event at the hotel, so book early to avoid no vacancies!

How to reserve:
Reserve your hotel room by clicking **this link**
the arrival date and departure date will default to Friday, 8/31 and Monday, 9/3 respectively. Check to ensure these dates reflect your travel plans. The promotional code is TCOTCOA and should appear automatically. If you prefer to call the hotel, mention TDIFest 2012 and you should receive the group rate.

Any questions? Did I miss something? Post here and I'll follow up.

Keep your eye out for Fest sign-up and event registration in the coming week! :D

Last edited:

VeeDubTDI

TDI
Cool! Jason and I are arriving Wednesday, leaving Tuesday.

MonsterTDI09

TDIClub Enthusiast, Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta DSG/ up keep on 2009 Jetta DSG 2006 Jetta Pag 2 in North SEA Green
Room reserved:)

Friday through Monday

Tom

Last edited:

VeeDubTDI

TDI
Very cool! Did you guys have any problems making your reservation or was everything smooth and straight-forward?

mrvermin

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI
Very cool! Did you guys have any problems making your reservation or was everything smooth and straight-forward?
The online reservations worked great, automatically added the TDIFest rates and even asked if I wanted a room on a higher or lower floor :D I picked a lower floor just so I would not have to wait for Elevators again this year LOL:p

MrVermin

airwolf

Veteran Member
TDI
None
Awesome... It looks like the web link is working great. Please let us know if any of you experience any problems registering with the hotel.

I did want to comment on the room sharing. This is not directed at anyone specific, nor is it meant to be a lecture.

As always the main purpose of Fest is raising money for TDIClub, so Fred has the support to keep it running and keep it advertisement free. A lot of upfront negotiation work is done with the hotel to get the rates where they are. Sure, there are cheaper hotels out there, but there are a few things that are included in the room rate that everyone should be aware of which includes but is not limited to:

Free Banquet Hall Rental, setup and tear down for various indoor events and the registration booth.
Free parking lot rental (The hotel bascially allows us to take over their parking lot)
Water use for the show-n-shine preparations
Wireless internet

Because of the included amenities and the reduced room rate, we have to guarantee that we will occupy so many rooms for so many nights. If we do not hit this number, this money comes directly out of the proceeds from Fest, thus defeating the purpose of Fest.

If you are able to, please keep the room sharing to a minimum. If the only way you can attend fest financially is to share a room with someone, we understand, and would rather have you at Fest. But if you have the means to get your own room, please consider it when making your reservations.

Last edited:

rocketeer928

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta GLS TDI 5-speed
Doesn't most of the money to support the TDI Club website come from the Fest registration fees? Regardless of room sharing, each of us would have to register individually, right?

I understand the need and desire to maximize the number of rooms, so as to not cut into TDI Club proceeds, and I hope the Fest is successful in achieving that goal. However, I'm not sure discouraging room sharing will be helpful, especially in these tough economic conditions.

VeeDubTDI

TDI
We're not necessarily trying to discourage room sharing... just making sure everyone knows how this works and that we're obligated to fill a certain number of rooms.

mrvermin

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI
Speaking as someone who helps run a weekend convention in Toronto that gets over 30,000 attendees, and sells out 5 hotels on the weekend of the convention. Meeting the minimum Room nights booked for your function are VERY important or the cost of the function space can outstrip your "Door Take".:eek:

That being said, I book a room all to myself just so no one else has to put up with my snoring :eek::D:eek:

MrVermin

VeeDubTDI

TDI
Also, most of the operating funds from TDIClub come from the auction and raffle... registration fees cover the event's operating expenses.

MonsterTDI09

TDIClub Enthusiast, Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta DSG/ up keep on 2009 Jetta DSG 2006 Jetta Pag 2 in North SEA Green
Tom it's only 510 miles. Hope you change your mind.

Tom

romad

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2005 Jetta GLS Wagon "Cranberry"
Arriving Friday; leaving Monday. No problems registering with the Marriott.