VCDS ESC shutoff

mayday_soc

TDI
Mk7 TDI
I know this works for GTIs but will this work for US ‘15 tdi sel? My last code for byte 29 is 02 not 09. Do we still select 05/06? Does it add both the sport & off options in our menu?
03 ABS
07 Long coding
Choose byte 29
If you change byte "29" to....
05 - the button options are ESC ON/ASR Off/ESC OFF
06 - Button options: ESC ON/ESC SPORT / ESC OFF
09 - Stock

Nickmk7

TDI
Mk7.5 GTI SE DSG 2002 Jetta TDI GLS M/T
I did mine with obd 11 and yes it adds the ability to completely turn off all traction control. I don't think the sport option works?

mayday_soc

TDI
Mk7 TDI
I ended up changing byte 29 from 02 to 09 which made it like a factory gti. I then changed it to 05 and I have the ability to completely turn off now. I’d love to add the ASR buttons near the shifter for quick access but 500$ for the USP Motorsports kit seems a bit much to me.

Cuzoe

Veteran Member
TDI
MK7 Golf S
That part is about $30 MSRP, straight from the dealer service desk... some sites will have it for less than that
https://parts.vw.com/p/Volkswagen__/Control-Panel-Multi-switch/52645917/5G1927137RWZU.html

Part number 5G1927137RWZU if you just want blank/blank/ESC
Different part numbers for different switch combinations

Grab a harness from AliExpress. Search "VW Golf 7 Mode Switch" and you'll get plenty of results, most of them selling the harness and a switch panel with Mode/Start-Stop/ESC. Find a listing with "color" options to get just the harness, $15-20 at the most.

With free shipping I've been waiting for mine for almost two months but that's just because of COVID-19, usually wait 3-4 weeks for free shipping. But you could find a seller that offers DHL (all of them won't on such a small item) and you would still be under $100 for everything. Go free shipping if you don't mind waiting.

So call it $50 and a couple months wait... $100 and maybe 2 weeks wait... or $500 and 1 week wait... Lol at their pricing.

Link added for switch part numbers, in the first post: https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/inde...tion-control-esc-button-to-a-mk7-golf.320066/

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

DivineChaos

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk6 jetta sportwagen tdi
it has to be reprogrammed. hold the button it will disable one system then shut it off. i did it on my 2012.

EDIT: this is how i did mine. https://www.goapr.com/support/esp-defeat.html works on some 2011 and should work on anything newer. but you need the traction control button. the first setting lowers it tnd holding it will completely shut it off. it can be turned off in older models by disabling the abs.

Last edited:

Cuzoe

Veteran Member
TDI
MK7 Golf S
Additional useful information I just remembered which applies whether you piece together a kit yourself or by the one from USP. If you look at the DIY I linked you'll see a picture where he says to make sure you have a wire in pin 5 of the TIUL coupling point (outboard of the driver kick panel). The USP instructions show that you must connect to it but they do not mention that all cars don't have a pin there.

My car, a TDI S, does not have this pin (which goes to the ABS module) so when I install my switch I will also be adding a wire from there to the ABS module. I don't know the trim level of your car (or that trim level is an accurate way to know if that pin is there). But if you decide to go down this road check for that pin first and plan accordingly.

mayday_soc

TDI
Mk7 TDI
That part is about $30 MSRP, straight from the dealer service desk... some sites will have it for less than that
https://parts.vw.com/p/Volkswagen__/Control-Panel-Multi-switch/52645917/5G1927137RWZU.html
Grab a harness from AliExpress. Search "VW Golf 7 Mode Switch" and you'll get plenty of results, most of them selling the harness and a switch panel with Mode/Start-Stop/ESC. Find a listing with "color" options to get just the harness, $15-20 at the most.
With free shipping I've been waiting for mine for almost two months but that's just because of COVID-19, usually wait 3-4 weeks for free shipping. But you could find a seller that offers DHL (all of them won't on such a small item) and you would still be under $100 for everything. Go free shipping if you don't mind waiting.
So call it $50 and a couple months wait... $100 and maybe 2 weeks wait... or $500 and 1 week wait... Lol at their pricing.
Link added for switch part numbers, in the first post: https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/inde...tion-control-esc-button-to-a-mk7-golf.320066/
Thank you so much for the links. I’m going to start sourcing parts now. I read up on the pin in the kick panel already. I have not checked mine yet. I have the SEL trim, not sure if that matters. I’ll probably check this week. Last week was EGR/DPF delete. Next week hopefully rear sway bar and DSG tune. I’d love to have these parts on order for my next little project.

mayday_soc

TDI
Mk7 TDI

Cuzoe you end up finishing this mod yet?

Cuzoe

Veteran Member
TDI
MK7 Golf S
I wish, I got the switches but the harnesses still haven't arrived [emoji17]. Earlier this week a different harness I ordered in February showed up. So if that's any indication I won't get the ones for the center buttons until August [emoji2367].