will a gti downpipe work in a tdi?

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
Price of aftermarket TSI pipes are dirt cheap compared to TDI units.

TDI
'15 A3 - 2.0 TDI, '14 Q7 - 3.0 TDI
$715 shipped with resonator from Buzzken (tunemyeuro.com)

I understand this is expensive compared to cheap TSI downpipes, but the quality is likely leaps and bounds ahead. The cheap TSI units mass produced in China from stolen designs have some horrid welds and fit/finish.

Buzzken setups have better quality, workers there actually take pride in their work.

Sure, the RawTek might be higher quality and a good bit more expensive, but the Buzzken is definitely a quality piece for, imo, a fair price.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
For around $800 you get a quality thick wall cast DP with a cat, similar set up via buzzken is closer to $950 with shipping, so I guess quality vs quality price isn't that bad.

Mraar0n

Veteran Member
TDI
Volkswagen Jetta tdi 2014
Just found a kit on tunemyeuro with a downpipe a mid pipe and a stage 2 JR auto tune which according to tunemyeuro is the best one for my car because it is much smoother compared to Malone in this particular situation

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 vw golf tdi(gone to greener pastures), 2001 ford f250 powerstroke
Every tuner claims their tunes are the best. One nice thing about Malone tuning is they have been in business for many years.
$500+ for a short piece of steel tubing seems excessive. I bought one for 450 a few years back, but wouldn't do it again.

Mraar0n

Veteran Member
TDI
Volkswagen Jetta tdi 2014
Every tuner claims their tunes are the best. One nice thing about Malone tuning is they have been in business for many years.
$500+ for a short piece of steel tubing seems excessive. I bought one for 450 a few years back, but wouldn't do it again.
Tunemyeuro doesn’t actually tune cars [i think] they just sell them they sell Malone too and probably other tunes they just said from there experience JR auto is better for my car in this situation and yeah 500 is actually cheap but the problem is there pretty much is no other option because I need to do dpf delete for a stage 2 tune and that requires a aftermarket downpipe with no dpf in it you see my problem?

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Tunemyeuro doesn’t actually tune cars [i think] they just sell them they sell Malone too and probably other tunes they just said from there experience JR auto is better for my car in this situation and yeah 500 is actually cheap but the problem is there pretty much is no other option because I need to do dpf delete for a stage 2 tune and that requires a aftermarket downpipe with no dpf in it you see my problem?
Yes, you have the same problem that most of us have: We have more money than sense. :)

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
I'm just teasing you a bit. I don't regret modding my Golf at all. It was a lot of fun. But I'd do something more sensible with that cash these days.

Last edited: