Oil Change in Spokane

Hapexamendios

TDI
None ATM
Anyone from the area have a favorite shop (or the dealer?) I need to get my 2006 Jetta's oil changed for the first time since i bought it. Does appleway do good work?

KALaBenne

Veteran Member
TDI
'04 B5.5V GLS
It all starts making sure you know what oil your going to put in the car, then when you call and ask or stop by and ask, you'll know that the wrong answer means you don't let them work on your car.

I like to know for sure what oil goes in my car and that means doing it myself. Not such a big deal on a pre-2003, but on your car, (505.01) oil is a bit harder to find.

Hapexamendios

TDI
None ATM
Thanks, thats a very good point. So 505.01 is what id use? Honestly i havent looked into it much, My garage is a mess right now (kitchen remodel) so i wont be doing it myself this time.

KALaBenne

Veteran Member
TDI
'04 B5.5V GLS
VW specs require 505.01 oil for your car. According to them you could also use 507.00 (higher spec).

There are many about who are using non-VW spec oils in their PD (pump duse or unit injector or what your's is) cars. (no judgment, but if you do it, you are your own warantee)

The recommended oil change interval is 10,000 miles and yes you really can go that far.

Click on the word 'dealer' in my signature and check the list for your area, I've never used any of those shops but you may get an opinion if you ask in the regional forum that applies to you. (oh wait, I'm answering you in your regional forum, duh)

Welcome to the club,

Last edited:

Hapexamendios

TDI
None ATM
KALaBenne said:
VW specs require 505.01 oil for your car. According to them you could also use 507.00 (higher spec).

There are many about who are using non-VW spec oils in their PD (pump duse or unit injector or what your's is) cars. (no judgment, but if you do it, you are your own warantee)

The recommended oil change interval is 10,000 miles and yes you really can go that far.

Click on the word 'dealer' in my signature and check the list for your area, I've never used any of those shops but you may get an opinion if you ask in the regional forum that applies to you. (oh wait, I'm answering you in your regional forum, duh)

Welcome to the club,
Thanks so much for all the help!