DSS Ultime Nozzles

snadam

Veteran Member
TDI
98' Jetta; 2001 Jetta; 2002 NB - All TDI
Are there any resellers of the DSS nozzles here on Fred's forum? If not, can someone point me to the 'official' site of the manufacturer or the main distributor? I've tried numerous searches both here and on the major search engines and I'm not coming up with much. I just want to know more about what is offered and at what price.

Thanks,
Adam

Whitbread

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
Several
I'm running them in my car. I liked them, had no complaints at all. I got them through RedRotors on here. He's the NA distributor.

TDIfreak

Veteran Member
TDI
Multivan AHY, Golf CFFB DSG, A6Q 4F 2.7 TDI CANC, 7 meter boat with ALH.
David (DSS) told me the new website is under construction. It may take a while, though :rolleyes: .

loudspl

Veteran Member
TDI
02 ASV w/ 02J
I wonder how their largest holes compare to the Nicktane stg. 7....?

Will an 11mm IP even support huge holes like that? Or do you have to resort to 12mm pump head upgrade?

Comments from anyone running huge holes?

hatemi

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi A6 4F 3.0TDI
Ultime2 with 0.28 holes works just fine with stock 1z pump;) And give 37hp more with less smoke than 7 hole R520. Best numbers with stock ALH pump I've heard of is over 230hp that TDIfreak got.

snadam

Veteran Member
TDI
98' Jetta; 2001 Jetta; 2002 NB - All TDI
What are the various models of DSS injector? What are their sizes and do they have names like the Bosio nozzles? I've seen "Ultime2" thrown around here on the board and I assume that's their biggest nozzle but what others are in the product line?

Are they all 5 hole or do they have other configurations?

If nozzles are purchased can they be installed, balanced and popped on the same benches that are doing BF nozzles today?

Rub87

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Ibiza '99 90HP
yes 5 hole, ultime I should be around .26 and ultime II around .28, I think Hannu did a run a gained around 20hp from going from 5hole r520 to ultime I..

I'll be trying ultime I in the near future..

kooyajerms

grocery getter
TDI
97 B4V (mine), 11 x5 35d (hers) 04 V10 (that one you want), 2014 Q7 (mom's) 74 Shasta 1400
since the sites down, anyone want to tell us how much the ultime I and ultime II cost for a set of 4 shipped to US?

hatemi

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi A6 4F 3.0TDI
At least here they are cheaper than bosio.

We tested Ultime1 and R520 in my car set after another and got 272hp with R520 and 295hp with ultime. IQ was around 2 on those runs and the pump was not your regular "upgrade" ;)

loudspl

Veteran Member
TDI
02 ASV w/ 02J
vwmikel said:
Bosio R520's should be somewhat comparable to a Nicktane stage 5.
So what do their stage 7s compare to?

Are they a .300 hole size?

With a VNT-20, 11mm + PD pump, & head port + cam can I support it or will they not atomize correctly? What upgrades would make those holes work....aside from nitrous..

vwmikel

TDI
'94 Golf Sport TDI
loudspl said:
So what do their stage 7s compare to?

Are they a .300 hole size?

With a VNT-20, 11mm + PD pump, & head port + cam can I support it or will they not atomize correctly? What upgrades would make those holes work....aside from nitrous..
I don't know the hole size, but the stage 5's are ~132% over stock and the stage 7's are ~171% over stock. The stage 7's flow just a little less than the 7 hole R520's which flow ~173% over stock....but I would think the atomization would be much better with the stage 7's. I have a feeling that the stage 7's might be a little more than you need.

devonmikeyboy

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi A3 2.0 PD140 Quattro S-Line
Why are these nozzles not more popular then if they are just as good and said to work better then Bosio nozzles, very few people seem to use them and nobody i know sales them plus they are hardly ever talked about on this forum?

vwmikel

TDI
'94 Golf Sport TDI
devonmikeyboy said:
Why are these nozzles not more popular then if they are just as good and said to work better then Bosio nozzles, very few people seem to use them and nobody i know sales them plus they are hardly ever talked about on this forum?
Because Bosio has been THE nozzle for so many years and a lot of people trust them. Even if an alternative product is proven you can't expect things to change over night.

Rub87

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Ibiza '99 90HP
stage7's are quite big.. with 10mm camplate and 12mm head they only seem to come alive after 4000rpm, then they're really a blast, but midrange is only smoke.. probaly due the too big holes and too little pressure, I had shimmed them at 270/390bar IIRC..

loudspl

Veteran Member
TDI
02 ASV w/ 02J
vwmikel said:
I have a feeling that the stage 7's might be a little more than you need.

If they really are a little less flow than 7 hole R520s that I had I should be ok with it. Not concerned with smoke where I live now. It's windy...:D

Isn't Rich running these in a daily-driver?

Rub87

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Ibiza '99 90HP
they flow imo more than 7hole r520, 7hole r520 don't flow that much, the smoke is just because of the bad hole placement. stage7 come really to live after 4000rpm, where the 7hole just suck at every rpm expet for idle and very lean conditions :D

Leo__

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi A6 (C4) 2.5 TDi
can't really find anything about these dss on the net. does anyone have a site or a contact that works?

loudspl

Veteran Member
TDI
02 ASV w/ 02J
Leo__ said:
can't really find anything about these dss on the net. does anyone have a site or a contact that works?
Look up RedRotors on here.

Anyone on here running anything BIGGER than Nicktane stage 7s??

Sootman

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf TDI
Looks to me like snadam is going to bring the green Frankenstein back to life...Fantastic!!

TDIfreak

Veteran Member
TDI
Multivan AHY, Golf CFFB DSG, A6Q 4F 2.7 TDI CANC, 7 meter boat with ALH.
Leo__ said:
Findiesel (me) got DSS nozzles in stock here in Finland.