West Michigan Fall TDI GTG - October 27, 2018

TDI Owner/Operator
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL
NEW NEWS HERE - there will be a brand new factory ALH engine for sale at my GTG - might be the last one in existence/ on the planet!
Maybe Mark will buy it so he can create a TDI Tiguan since the factory won't?! ;) :p

djdad

TDI
2002 Jetta
Also, if anyone has two fenders for a black golf, rubber floor mats, VNT actuator and possibly both N18 and N75 solenoids?.

After that my 500 dollar TDi will be set.

Also looking fo any 17inch wheels available. Kirk has first dibs on the 15s I’m bringing. Car will also be on 16 inch BBS wolfsburg wheels. Interested in trades!!

Hi HamD. I have a used but solid VNT actuator left over after replacing the turbo on my car earlier this year. I probably won't be making it up to Kirk's tomorrow (I live north of Holland) so PM me if you are interested.

jmodge

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 alh Jetta, RC2 w/.205's 5speed daily summer commuter and 2000 alh Jetta 5spd swap, 2" lift, hitch, stage 3 TDtuning w/.216's winter cruiser, 1996 Tacoma ALh
Great social event as always, thanks for the effort Kirk

Fastevan47

TDI
2000 Jetta 5 speed
Thanks Kirk and his wife for hosting! Had a great time meeting TDI folks, learning new things, and thanks Jeff for making my Jetta (seem like) a race car! haha. Looking forward to next year already!

TDI Owner/Operator
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL
OK, here are some images I took at Kirk's great GTG!

I like the license plate on this Tesla Model 3 - reminds me of Tweety Bird speaking - LOL!

Here is a real rarity - a brand spanking new ALH motor from June 2001 that has zero run time on it! Yes, it was for sale.(Not by me.) No, I don't know what the asking price is but do have the specs/contact info if anyone is interested in it.

TDI Owner/Operator
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL

Kirk makes a point - literally!

Taking a moment to pose for the camera...

It was rather on the cool side so many attendees ended up by the fire to warm up!

Many thanks to Kirk and especially his wife Linda for hosting us once more!

TDIJettaz

TDI
'14 JSW, '02 JW
Thank you to Kirk and Linda for hosting! Had a great time, it was cool to see the brand new ALH and Tesla model 3, and also thank you for selling me the wheel/tire. Food was great!

Thank you also to Jeff (Mr. Rocketship) for coming all the way to do the tunes, although I decided to wait until next year as I found out about this phase 2 thing that I should do first 5 minutes after I arrived.

Thank you also to Chris for cutting and programming a new too!

Growler

Got Soot Vendor
TDI
Schmutz, 2015 Golf Sportwagen DSG & Schnurren, 2001 Golf GL 2 door 5M
Yeah, I had Jeff undo my DSG tune because I heard that the Phase 2 update on my 2015 will be monkeying with the transmission shifting. so I figured I better have the stock tune in there for when I decide to have that done.

It was a great GTG Kirk & Linda, Thanks so much for opening your home to all of us TDI Nuts. my two sons had a great time and really enjoyed their rides in the Model 3 (as did I wow..)

BKmetz

Administrator, Member #10
Staff member
TDI
2015 Passat, titanium beige, 6MT
I had a great time. Enjoying stogies with Frank & Mark.

:)

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
What a super GTG. Great turnout, good food and pretty nice weather (not freezing and not really raining). I’m glad I took the weekend to drive up. I enjoyed seeing everyone and enjoying the peak of the autumn leaves. Lots of people went on rides in the Model 3 and I got lots of great questions about it. I’m glad I had an opportunity to share and that people enjoyed the ride, especially Kirk and his dad! :cool:

r90sKirk

Veteran Member
TDI
All TDI's - No gassers! Luxo-Tourer = 13 Passat (hands down, the nicest car we've ever owned), Most fun = MK4 Golf
A Great Day Indeed! We enjoyed having you all. Weather held out pretty nicely for us this year, although we are DUE for some sunshine next year.

Big thanks to all who helped out, and for bringing some additional fixin's.

Fire did feel good Saturday, for sure. And, glad ole Frank was in one piece this year.

Thanks to Jeff (Rocketchips) for coming out and tuning all day.

And big thanks to Lawson for the awesome ride in that Tees-la. All I can say is Wow!
Very fun getting put back into the seat back.

Kirk and Linda

BKmetz

Administrator, Member #10
Staff member
TDI
2015 Passat, titanium beige, 6MT
The Tesla was the hit of the day. Lawson must have given 25 rides that afternoon.

JETaah

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
96 B4V, 2005 BEW Beetle, 2005 Jetta Wagon
I truly enjoyed myself, too. This was #16 TDIclub GTG for me (Michigan group).

And, BTW...

It is never too late to send a donation to Kirk and Linda if you didn't while you were there to help cover costs of having these events. You know where the address is.

Stinkyfingers

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta Variant, '03, Made in Germany, silber, 486,000+ miles and still singing!
Michigan GTG 2019?

It's gonna be 96 degrees out tomorrow. That means it's almost autumn. Any thoughts on this year's Kirk-a-palooza? Possible dates? Kirk's frame of mind? Moving it to the UP?:D

PakProtector

Veteran Member
TDI
Mk.4's and the Cummins
Would love to see him have a fall one...:) Put me down to see the Key maker again; the Boy's new Jetta only has one key...LOL
Thanks!
Douglas

JETaah

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
96 B4V, 2005 BEW Beetle, 2005 Jetta Wagon
Never fear! Kirk told me that he is working on getting the Rolling Stones to perform at this year's GTG. I don't know how this guy does it! ;)
I think Mick wants a tune or something...

r90sKirk

Veteran Member
TDI
All TDI's - No gassers! Luxo-Tourer = 13 Passat (hands down, the nicest car we've ever owned), Most fun = MK4 Golf
Never fear! Kirk told me that he is working on getting the Rolling Stones to perform at this year's GTG. I don't know how this guy does it! ;)
I think Mick wants a tune or something...
Ha! Not going that far, but YES I am planning to host again this fall, just waiting on a coordinated date from Jeff (RC). Once that is settled we will post it up,

thanks for the inquiries,

Kirk

PakProtector

Veteran Member
TDI
Mk.4's and the Cummins
Looking forward to it...:)

Failing the difficult job of persuading Mr. Jagger, perhaps you could just resurrect Jerry and have us a Grateful Dead show.
cheers,
Douglas

Growler

Got Soot Vendor
TDI
I will be there, and My son will be bringing his car too...put him down for a2001 Golf stick RC2-3 and likely for a set of injectors from Frank if he is coming too...

if you post it, they will come :)

TDI Owner/Operator
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL
The Tesla was the hit of the day. Lawson must have given 25 rides that afternoon.

This is a fascinating picture. Almost looks like Lawson has buyer's remorse on his face! :eek:

Yeah, I know - he was probably repeating his spiel about the Tesla for the hundredth time that day... ;)

Since I saw Kirk this past Sunday knew he was waiting for Jeff/RC to provide a suitable date. I should be there again as always!

PakProtector

Veteran Member
TDI
Mk.4's and the Cummins
I will be there, and My son will be bringing his car too...put him down for a2001 Golf stick RC2-3 and likely for a set of injectors from Frank if he is coming too...
if you post it, they will come :)

Injectors? PD injectors?
cheers,
Douglas

Growler

Got Soot Vendor
TDI
This boy grew up in a stage 3 ALH wagon, so he knows what they are capable of and how to treat one. besides, if he blows it up, its his car and he will have to pay to play... He has a full time job so knows how hard he has to work for his money.

Looking forward to the next GTG... has he posted it yet :)

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
This is a fascinating picture. Almost looks like Lawson has buyer's remorse on his face! :eek:

Yeah, I know - he was probably repeating his spiel about the Tesla for the hundredth time that day... ;)

Since I saw Kirk this past Sunday knew he was waiting for Jeff/RC to provide a suitable date. I should be there again as always!
Not even one drop of buyer's remorse. 36,000 miles already and it hasn't even been a year. ;)

I'm going to see if I can make it to the GTG again this year. October is looking pretty busy at work, but I might be able to pull it off.

We sold our last TDI a few weeks ago - a bittersweet moment. :eek: