Ask only for turbo experts. (BorgWarner)

DCautosport

TDI
Seat Leon FR 1.9 150cv TDI
That S200SX-E 52mm version makes 56lbs and so does S356V. So i think that is very good option for you.

I think Melett dont sell CHRA for that turbo...
Ok... thank you for that!!!! is a great option....
But the 57mm version is more similar, with more similar measures. Why is the 52mm version better for me? What if the compressor housing, how do I? if the compressor that I have here is 56mm I have open for bigger ... I can not put in the hole 56mm put a compressor of 52mm .... I am correct?

Today i call to borgwarner Portugal to ask if sell CHRA!!!
And in Portugal they do not sell CHRA ... just new !! I discovered that this turbo has the titanium turbine ... did you know?
And I'm just researching to find things to get this turbo !!!!
Look what I found out too.
Yucca is it really ???? Is it the right measures and all?

http://megaturboss.com.mx/producto/s300v-110/
and
http://megaturboss.com.mx/producto/s300v110-2/

Thanks very much....

Last edited:

Yucca

Veteran Member
TDI
ALH 388bhp, Polo 6R 2.0TDI CR GTC1752VZ
Those parts looks ok.

If you buy s200sx-e it comes with compressor housing. New 52mm billet compressor makes same amount of air that older 56mm cast wheel. I would go for 57mm only if power goal is past 450bhp.

ryanp

Vendor
TDI
Arosa CR - 550hp - 9.7 @ 150mph 1/4 Mile, Citigo 4x4 CR TDi - 340hp, Caddy 2.0 CR 4x4 TDI - 300+hp, Golf Mk2 Van 1.9 TDI - was 290hp, Mk5 Ibiza 2.0 FR TDi - 270hp, BMW 135d - 360hp, BMW 330d - 335hp, BMW 335d - 380hp + a few more ........
I have a few CHRA and full turbo's, they are pretty much impossible to get and not cheap!

DCautosport

TDI
Seat Leon FR 1.9 150cv TDI
Those parts looks ok.
If you buy s200sx-e it comes with compressor housing. New 52mm billet compressor makes same amount of air that older 56mm cast wheel. I would go for 57mm only if power goal is past 450bhp.
Yes i understand now... you are a good teacher... thanks for explain me very well... and in simply words (this is very important)... you have a big technical knowledge for this borgwarner turbos (maybe for more turbos too :) )... thanks for sharing your knowledge with me and all forum...
Yes for me 450hp is ok... i will try to make a full full tdi pd... so... 450hp is ok for me... so.... 57mm is ok for me too...

What you can advice me??? S200sx-e or repair this turbo!? What i do??? S200sx-e is hard to find here too like parts or CHRA for s300v ... what is my best option!?!? Thanks

I have a few CHRA and full turbo's, they are pretty much impossible to get and not cheap!
Yes ryanp is hard to find... you right.... but you have CHRA for my turbo??? S356v/s300v??? Sell it???
Or if dont sell it... can you tell me where i can buy it like you buy??? Thanks

Last edited:

Turbo Z

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi A2 mercedes c270
the s300gx exist as LP in a R2S turbo where HP is about half in size of LP, it is nice and I am going to try it out

No need to be offended. :D

Quoting boost@RPM, once again, demonstrates a misunderstanding of "spool". You are conflating "boost threshold" (boost@RPM) and "turbo lag" which is purely a time in msec. or sec. to a given boost pressure on a load-step largely independent of RPM.

We don't have the benefit of the map of the actual S356V in question, but we do have an S300 57.1/84 mm comp wheel map that should be pretty close to make some comparisons. A smaller inducer will shift the surge and choke lines to the left slightly.

http://www.turbos.bwauto.com/files/pdf/dimensional_reference/airwerks/S300GX.pdf

Sure, you can certainly get 400 HP (~44 lb/min with good lambda). You can certainly run the sucker to 52 PSI boost (PR=4.6). You can certainly get X bar boost at some low RPM to show how good it "spools". But none of those points will fall anywhere near where a 1.9 8V PD TDI's aspiration curves lie that's not either in surge or poor efficiency (I peg this criteria at 70% minimum and I also defy anyone that can show me an 8V PD not dropping off significantly in power over 5000 RPM). Go ahead, plot the dots and prove me wrong. :)

I'll start with one operating point: http://www.not2fast.com/turbo/gloss...=3&SFC=0.365&AFR=17.5&maxInjectorDutyCycle=85

Edit - quoting again:
This is likely operating in surge. At 3000 RPM and 3 bar boost (PR=4) the mass flow is about 26 lb/min. The surge line @ PR=4 is at 33 lb/min, but I grant that a smaller trim compressor wheel will have the surge line further to the left, but it's implausible to be >20% less.

At least for this particular map where the surge line @ PR=4 is at 33 lb/min, this coincides with the 4000 RPM operating point. So congratulations, you've got a ~1000 RPM-wide powerband from 4000-5000 RPM. Personally I'll take a smaller, well-matched turbo, sacrifice some dyno queen headlining HP and enjoy a very broad powerband where I operate in daily driving from as low as 2000-2500 RPM and measurably less turbo lag and not just boost threshold. :)

crazyrunner33

Veteran Member
TDI
'10 Golf(bought back)
How does the 52mm SXE perform at low flow? All the larger SXE wheels have surge issues at low flow daily driving applications, but they knock the socks off the comparable wheels of the previous generation when it comes to peak flow.

[486]

Top Post Dawg
TDI
02 golf ALH
All the larger SXE wheels have surge issues at low flow daily driving applications
uh, set up the vane control so it doesn't surge, meaning request less boost low in the revs

my current tune doesn't spool until 3k rpm, no big deal for daily driving as naturally aspirated is plenty adequate for putting around, and it still screams when you want it.