Is this an AdBlue leak?

joshuafail

TDI
2015 Passat SEL Premium
Is this a pic of the 2010 Jetta?
Jettas didn't have AdBlue until 2015+. It looks like crystals from a leaky injector, but unless this is a pic of a different car I'm not sure what it could be...

jonferns

Veteran Member
TDI
'15 Golf
Considering this is the Passat forum, let's assume it's a Passat...yes, that is an AdBlue leak at the injector/supply line. Took my car in for this same issue, it's covered under the emissions warranty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

reilljp

TDI
2015 Passat
Considering this is the Passat forum, let's assume it's a Passat...yes, that is an AdBlue leak at the injector/supply line. Took my car in for this same issue, it's covered under the emissions warranty.

Sorry, yes it is a Passat.

leicaman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Golf TDI SE, 2005 TDI GLS, RIP
Yup. My golf will need that repaired too. I am going to tell them about it next week so the part is there when I go in for my first oil change since getting the car. I have three free ones, but after that I will do it myself.

Fishinghole

TDI
2014 TDI comfortline
2015 TDI adblue supply leaky lines seals are failing

My 2015 Jetta TDI engine light came on last week plus low adblue light with wrench. Count down started at 1000km. By the time I got the car to the dealership I had 700km. Car has been in there for 4 days. My adblue was filled in Aug when the add light came on. The final step for the emission was completed in October. The weather this winter in MB has been very cold Temperatures between -42C and -20C for the month of January and February. There are a lot of TDI's in the shop 2015. People are filling there tanks up but the adblue system will not reset. On my car so far they found the supply line leaking near the engine. The dealership is in the process of changing it. The line goes from the tank to the engine. My tank was completely full in Aug and most of the adblue was gone. Looks like most of the adblue drain out before the light came on. The seals on these lines might be failing remember these lines are under the car. Any body here about any recalls on the seals? My car also has around 39000 km.

roni024

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL DSG
You have the CKRA engine, right? My old 2013 with CKRA had the same issue. It was the in-tank SCR heater that was at fault.

Radek

TDI
2015 Passat SEL
My line on top is leaking or the injector itself just like the 1st pic shows, does anybody know how long it takes to replace it ? My stealership says no loaner available for that kind of repair

Sent from my SM-G935U using Tapatalk

leicaman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Golf TDI SE, 2005 TDI GLS, RIP
I got my Golf TDI SE fixed under warranty. Has been fine since. When it leaks like that expect to go through a ton of AdBlue. Get it fixed.

Mark_J

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 TDI Passat SEL Premium, 2017 Fiat Spider, 2017 Ford F350 6.7 Diesel crew cab PU, 2016 Harley Trike, 2016 Tesla Model X P90D (I know went to the dark side)
I had the same leak on my 2015 Passat and the dealer fixed it for free. There is a bulletin regarding this being a known issue.

thundershorts

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 passat tdi sel premium 2015 golf s tdi gls tdi b5.5, 2002 eurovan,Peugeot 505 td,Citroen cx25 prestige
my leak was fixed today, took about two hours, done at 30k service. same item.

PLC Geek

TDI
2015 TDI SE 6MT
I have the same thing happening. I had the phase two fix done last month. I went under the hood because I just had the check engine light come on with a P0131 code. Is the O2 Bank1 - Sensor1 connector located inside that crystal mass? I'm taking the car back to the dealer this afternoon.

PLC Geek

TDI
2015 TDI SE 6MT
Update: The dealer is replacing the leaking lines and the O2 sensor, all covered under the warranty. They have to order the lines though, so it won't be done today.

208TDI

TDI
2015 Passat TDI SE
I had this on my 2015 Passat when I purchased it from the dealer. They told me VW's official guidance on the known issue is to not replace it under warranty until/unless it causes an actual issue. So I let mine sit and crust over. About a month and a half after purchasing, I started hearing a squeaking noise in the mornings on cold start that progressed to a squeaking noise all the time. Took it in for this noise. I'll make the rest short; this AdBlue leak got down inside the timing belt assembly and ruined the tensioner, rollers, and pump. After 3 trips to the dealer for a continuing squeak caused by the AdBlue leak, they did a complete timing belt job for me, for free.

Lesson to VW: Fix stupid things BEFORE it becomes a problem (I'm not mad about getting a free timing belt job though).

Lesson to OP/anyone else with this issue: Beware of possible damage to timing belt assembly. If you start hearing random chirping/squeaking coming from that area, there's a good chance the adblue got in there and ruined stuff, and if one component is ruined, odds are all of it will go shortly after.

JimMI

TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL
Driving home from work the CEL light came on, about 15 miles later the AdBlue no restart in 600 miles flashed on then AdBlue wrench. Scan code was P20E8 (Reductant pressure too low), checked the injector pump and covered in white crystals.
Made appointment with dealer after verifying they had the parts. They verified issue and repaired replacing the supply line and injector pump at no cost.
The service bulletin makes no mention about changing the injector pump so maybe the dealership is looking out for me. Ok, probably just after getting extra warranty money.

Also had the airbag recall performed and a $59.95 oil change even though I had only 8,000 miles since last one since the dealer is 40 miles away.

All done including car wash in 3 1/2 hours.