P0183 Fuel Temp Sensor A ckt high

gw51ftc

TDI
2003 Jetta Wgn
Hi, I just purchased a 2003 Jetta wagon (5-speed manual) that I hope turns out to be a good buy. Previous owned did timing belt and clutch and other work but I guess changed his mind about it when replacing the sensor (varistor) in the injection pump did not fix the issue. I need some details on the wiring between the sensor and the ECU. Is one end of the sensor ground and it is just a one wire connection measuring voltage drop or two wires? A pin out of the plugs involved would be nice. I know am a asking for a lot. I've looked for electrical diagrams on line with no luck. Thanks in advance for any help.
Gary

Diesel-Dan1

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta
Hi, I just purchased a 2003 Jetta wagon (5-speed manual) that I hope turns out to be a good buy. Previous owned did timing belt and clutch and other work but I guess changed his mind about it when replacing the sensor (varistor) in the injection pump did not fix the issue. I need some details on the wiring between the sensor and the ECU. Is one end of the sensor ground and it is just a one wire connection measuring voltage drop or two wires? A pin out of the plugs involved would be nice. I know am a asking for a lot. I've looked for electrical diagrams on line with no luck. Thanks in advance for any help.
Gary
Don't know if this will help. Had to replace one on the old car. Not that hard at all. Did have to do the Hammer Mod to get back into spec.

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=75308