Lilred III

lilredjetdiwagon

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta GLS, 2003, Tornado Red
After an extensive search, dealing with various VeeDub dealers all over the lower 48 (some of them do surprisingly think they are in sales :eek:), let me present to you, Lilred III (and it ain't even red :D).

I was looking for a '12~'13 DSG with Tech Package. The very few that were available (Tech Package is the key here, in excellent condition) were asked premium price. I guess supply/demand had to do something with it. Finally, found mine in the windy city of Chicago, met a few wonderful gentlemen at VW of Highland Park and long 900 mile drive back to the Great State of Texas amidst snow and a lot, I mean a lot of fog :eek:

First glimpse....

In front of the beautiful Chicago skyline

Another shot at the same location, around 25F.... :)

Spends the last night at Chicago suburb at my friend's place

Lunch time in Southern Illinois

Last edited:

vwmk4

Veteran Member
TDI
None at this time, Looking for a nice one though.
Looks really nice LILRED, you got away before we were hit with snow.
How was the diesel millage on your way back to Texas?

lilredjetdiwagon

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta GLS, 2003, Tornado Red
Where have I been? I guess, been enjoying driving our oil-burners....:p

Sorry vwmk4 for the late reply. If my memory serves me correctly, I experienced a little bit of snow as I pulled out of the dealership. Next day, I left Chicago, I guess before you guys were hit with the white stuff. :) Overall, if my fuelly readings are any accurate, got high 30s mpg lifetime. :cool:

Well, I bit farewell to our third TDi, second Golf TDi a few weeks ago. Again, no hassle what so ever. Even more surprisingly, funds were received in our non-Chase account within 48 hours. Now, to hoping that VW does not crush these wonderful machines and make use of them in one or the other.... :mad:

The last shot:

Picked this beauty from next door::eek: